Saw Elysium Last Night AMA

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Think about it like this. In the United States if you get strep throat, you'll most likely get erythromycin to treat it the best. It's quick and potent. If you're in the Philippines you're not completely fukked. You will get penicillin, which isn't as good as erythromycin but still a curable medicine. It's ridiculous to think that the gap in science is that big that a fukking doctor can't get any type of successful treatment for her cancer stricken daughter.
What????

nikkas die everyday from cancer. And this is the future. It's not like Beverly Hills vs Compton

This shyt was like bill gates vs an African on 3 am infomercials.

There are still parts of the world like this today. People dying of common colds but yet some family member is a doctor. But the doctor has no access to meds or nothing

This lady barely had a townhouse and was a damn doctor. Cancer meds today can bankrupt a 300k a year doctor if the person don't have insurance

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It had a good idea witb the whole utopia thing going on but the execution was terrible and the script was ass.
Also Kruger trying to take over was stupid and the only person that can stop him was Matt Damon

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
I thought the visuals and some sci-fi aspects, but the fact that they had a machine that cured everything is absurd. So nobody on Elysium would die? They could cure cancer in 30 seconds, but a doctor, can't get any type of treatment for her daughter on Earth? :beli: As small as it is Elysium would become overpopulated in decades, maybe years.

This was the main thought on my mind.

One4Deuce

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Minnesota
Have a movie revolve around a pallet getting stuck in a door without a killswitch in a futuristic factory brehs......

LOL, ever think it's an indictment on the class division in the movie? Like these companies are so technologically advanced they can do all this stuff but they're not willing to make minor changes for the safety of the workers.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Mmmmmmt im gonna have to ask you to pause. No way was it better then District 9. Lets make like we dont want to get into accidents and pump the brakes. It was better then that weak Oblivion though.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
i thought it was decent.. but a pretty large dropoff from district 9.

more of an action flick than anything else

not the type of movie you should really think too deeply about or else it falls apart.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I got a question about this movie. matt damons exoskeleton, was it put on where he could NEVER take it off? It appeared to be screwed on, but how do u bathe or change shirts when u got that shyt on?

if that shyt made folks so strong, how come damn near everyone didn't have one of those things?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Have a movie revolve around a pallet getting stuck in a door without a killswitch in a futuristic factory brehs......

u saw the movie. the cat who owned the factory didn't give a shyt about employee safety or his employees. he probably had them NOT put those in as another measure to cut cost.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I got a question about this movie. matt damons exoskeleton, was it put on where he could NEVER take it off? It appeared to be screwed on, but how do u bathe or change shirts when u got that shyt on?

if that shyt made folks so strong, how come damn near everyone didn't have one of those things?
he was told it would probably kill him... but he was dying anyway so they, and he, didn't care. nobody tried it before I believe for that reason.. plus the ones you named

and to everyone talking about the difference between rich and poor being so great..........................

that was the whole damn point of the movie

we have this weird thought, that as technology goes forward, and time goes on, that somehow we will all come up together.

when every single stat in history shows us that the rich get richer and richer.. while the poor have stayed the same or dropped down in finance

but somehow in the future... where the rich are so vein that they build a space station to get away from a WORLD of broke people....

y'all believe that they would still take the time to share technology and give workers comp and good pay and shyt

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

how come people had their own personal shield generators but the ships that the president of elysium rode in had no shields and was easily shot down by a rocket? :dead:

this movie had a bunch of stupid shyt like that in it.