Saw Elysium Last Night AMA

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
@fukkyalifestyle

shyt was great. Not touching District 9 though.

District 9 started off goofy only because of Sharlito's accent but by mid movie the character development made you forget the aliens were CGI :whew:

The directing, the atmosphere, the alien tech, the story. Just a near perfect movie for me. Really was hoping for a sequel.
:lawd:

But there is one underrated thing about Elysium...

That Elysium Universe can have so many storylines, the world and tech was so beautiful. It made me think, someone ambitious should make a trilogy based on the world itself, not so much the characters. Imagine if Max's story was just one of many stories that we get the witness in the Elysium universe. :banderas:

I could see a plot based around their Unidentified Object defense system (Not mentioned but you know they had to have one light years away protecting Elysium from comets, meteors, aliens life forms.

Or a storyline about an uprising on destroyed Earth in another large favela. They could have Judge Dredd, Aliens and District 9 and Terminator all in 1...:steviej:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Also I think that was one of the coolest villains I've seen in a non comic book based movie in a long time. Reminded me off something from an anime.

That Blade he kept... shyt should have been a bit more futuristic and I would have wanted that nikka to have his own vidoe game...

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
It was cool...not as good as District 9. It seemed rushed. I feel like his little friendship with Frey was thrown in there just because. They really didnt go into enough depth to make that dynamic seem important. Then you got these bad guys...whose are really good guys. Its like am I supposed to root for these people...am I supposed to feel sad when they die. Not enough character development IMO. The villians weren't villianous enough...the heroes weren't heroic enough. The action scenes weren't that great either. That said it was a good movie. I don't wanna seem like i'm shytting all over it. It was worth the price of admission but left alot to be desired as well.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Naw I thought the old school blade was a good touch.

Would have been dope if they showed him fighting others. fukk it I want a prequel :noah:
True true @ the Old Blade. It should be a hybrid prequel though...

Not necessarily about him, but about the Mercenary who trained him & was betrayed by him.

At the end, he should be taking the Blade off his mentor's dead body...

The prequel should revolve around the fact that 20 years prior to the events of Elysium... there were actually about 3 Elysium systems orbiting Earth...

The power struggle as a result of lack of resources on Earth to develop them caused a war... thus destroying Earth to its current state and also accelerating Tech because of the Arms race a la Cold War.

Sharlito's character's mentor opted for a combo of new tech and old school tech... the reason for opting for a traditional Samurai sword.

Daps
Reppin
Yeah

Not necessarily about him, but about the Mercenary who trained him & was betrayed by him.

The prequel should revolve around the fact that 20 years prior to the events of Elysium... there were actually about 3 Elysium systems orbiting Earth...

The power struggle as a result of lack of resources on Earth to develop them caused a war... thus destroying Earth to its current state and also accelerating Tech because of the Arms race a la Cold War.

Sharlito's character's mentor opted for a combo of new tech and old school tech... the reason for opting for a traditional Samurai sword.
:ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
Yeah

:ohhh:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It was good but it still felt like something was missing. Loved the technology. Why the fukk ain't homeyboys ship have an anti-missile defense system (the cat who made that program to restart elysium systems and alladat)? I mean, the tech was wildly advanced and he rolls around with security guards you'd think his transport from earth to elysium would have defense systems.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Terrible movie IMO. Plot, characters, setting, everything was underdeveloped. They can cure any diseases in 30 seconds but no solutions for pollution on earth?

Didn't like District 9 either. Will never support this director again.