Saw Elysium Last Night AMA

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
:ld:ok movie, everything seem to happen too quickly though in regards to Damon's plan getting to Elysium, too perfect. No reason for the villain to take Frey and her daughter up there, too convenient. And how did the hacker and his crew get through the defenses when they followed Damon? Jodie Foster was wasted in the movie also. She must have needed a new addition on the house...

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
shyt was dope, better than District 9. Sharlito had his accent but he was pretty bad ass in this. Matt Damon was ight, I don't think he was that great. They could of gotten someone better but still give this 9/10.
District 9 was better than Elysium, and Matt Damon was the highlight of the movie.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
it was OK.. started out cool but the last act was a bit :ld:

recommended though

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I agree, I liked District 9 much better. Enjoyed Sharlto Copley as Kruger. This really made me want to see Mass Effect on the big screen though.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I thought this was a very good movie. And from a story/plot standpoint it was good enough for the casual viewer to follow. There was a good balance IMO with the action and story. Yes, some stuff did fall into place perfectly and they progressed stuff along quite quickly for the sake of pacing but I enjoyed it throughout.

I'm a big fan of the visuals in the film also. And I like the action scenes where they panned the camera with that slick motion blur (you notice during the hijack scene by the cars and in the last fight scene between Max and Kruger). shyt was lookin' like a damn live action videogame on those parts. I think it's a bit nitpickish to say it was just an "OK" movie though. I thought it was a creative take on how shyt is handled currently in America (border control :laugh:, hopelessness for the poor, doctors being like robots because they're not supposed to get too close to patients etc.)

For it to be 2 hours, I was entertained throughout.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
shyt was ok action scenes vs the robots were pretty dope

it was a 3 mic movie

oblivion i thought was better

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
I saw it last night. It's pretty good :ehh:. The build-up and plot are quite predictable but i really enjoyed the scenery and effects, and it had a nice sci fi touch to with regards to immigration and medication. The design in Elysium reminded me of Mass Efffect which was cool.
Nowhere as good as District 9 though.