Saw Elysium Last Night AMA

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
he was told it would probably kill him... but he was dying anyway so they, and he, didn't care. nobody tried it before I believe for that reason.. plus the ones you named

and to everyone talking about the difference between rich and poor being so great..........................

that was the whole damn point of the movie

we have this weird thought, that as technology goes forward, and time goes on, that somehow we will all come up together.

when every single stat in history shows us that the rich get richer and richer.. while the poor have stayed the same or dropped down in finance

but somehow in the future... where the rich are so vein that they build a space station to get away from a WORLD of broke people....

y'all believe that they would still take the time to share technology and give workers comp and good pay and shyt

so matt damon couldn't take off his exoskeleton but sharlto copely could???? and speaking of that dude, I was like :mindblown: when his face blew off. I had to pause to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

giphy.gif

also, what happened to jodie foster's character? was the nurse able to save her??

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
so matt damon couldn't take off his exoskeleton but sharlto copely could???? and speaking of that dude, I was like :mindblown: when his face blew off. I had to pause to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

giphy.gif

also, what happened to jodie foster's character? was the nurse able to save her??
sharito had the machine and some super strength upgrades remember

damon was just a regular old guy with radiation poisoning and a few hours to live.. from what i remember (saw it in theater), they hadn't been trying this skeleton on humans... definitely not the broke humans with shytty doctors in abandoned buildings

pretty much ANY injury could be repaired unless the brain was damaged.. i think they could have brought jodie back to life but she said no.. cause he didn't stab her in the brain

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Glad I didn't pay to see this....Just finished watching it.

1. The way Matt Damon got sick :mindblown:
2. The way the movie was paced was off
3. The way Elysium was constructed was :mindblown:
4. Even in her 50's Jodie Fosters legs/thighs are :ahh:
6. Instead of calling it Elysium they should've called it CACsium :usure:
7. The earth is overpopulated but they are trying to save people from being sick :mindblown: isn't the earth going to be even more populated?
8. Did they grow their own food on Elysium? I mean the earth is more populated and they have all of the resources so wouldn't the people on earth have more leverage? :what:
9. Matt Damon having to sacrifice himself at the end is so cliché.
10. Mexican's being the smartest ones from a IT stand point is unrealistic. What about China, India or Russia?
11. The whole government structure of Elysium was :what:

12. That little girl should NOT have survived.

13. Matt Damon went from having 5 days to live to hours to live in less than 2 days :comeon: which speaks to the weak pacing of the movie

14. How did rich people or Elysium make money to enable them to be able to stay rich? This goes back to people on earth having all the leverage.

Movie started out dope but took a turn for the average and cliché with lazy writing and a predictably bland and uninspired ending.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps

7. The earth is overpopulated but they are trying to save people from being sick :mindblown: isn't the earth going to be even more populated?
8. Did they grow their own food on Elysium? I mean the earth is more populated and they have all of the resources so wouldn't the people on earth have more leverage? :what:
10. Mexican's being the smartest ones from a IT stand point is unrealistic. What about China, India or Russia?

13. Matt Damon went from having 5 days to live to hours to live in less than 2 days :comeon: which speaks to the weak pacing of the movie

14. How did rich people or Elysium make money to enable them to be able to stay rich? This goes back to people on earth having all the leverage.

Movie started out dope but took a turn for the average and cliché with lazy writing and a predictably bland and uninspired ending.

good post but what was wrong with how it was constructed? the rotating ring is probably the most feasible gravity simulation and has been written about in sci fi and by astrophysicists a lot

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Finally saw it, don't get the hate. Had a lot of great themes and messages and the visuals and effects were top notch. Better than District 9? Let's give it time to breathe but I did enjoy the film. Sure it got a little hollywood with how Damon goes out and yes the screenplay did tie up some things too conveniently but the overall messages were solid. Damon did a good job. Honestly this shot up my list of Fav Sci-Fi films of the year. The visuals were again amazing, saw it on bluray and was like damn. Jody Foster was dope too, very commanding.

Daps
This shyt was no way better than D9.

Good movie though, story was kinda cool but the characters weren't that great.

Jodie Foster was meh and Fray and Max wasn't very compelling.

Also, anyone else feel like Elysium was jacked from Mass Effect's "Citadel"

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
could of been better but i enjoyed it

i didnt even recognize damon at first

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

your thinking too much

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
every Black person needs to see this movie.

also, notice the glaring absence of Black people in the movie.

there's no way in the fukking world that Hollywood would have allowed Black characters to play the role of the Mexicans, the guys who orchestrated the unauthorized trips to Elysium, in the movie Elysium.

4M5SUNZ.png

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
shyt was dope, better than District 9. Sharlito had his accent but he was pretty bad ass in this. Matt Damon was ight, I don't think he was that great. They could of gotten someone better but still give this 9/10.

finally seen this last night on bluray

:beli: shyt wasnt even close to district 9 still a solid movie glad i didnt see this in the movies tho 7/10

shyt reminded me of alot like metal gear solid my fav part when they crash landed when he blow ol dudes face off the bad guy was same dude from distriict 9 right