SAS & Windhorst go in on ASG & Adam Silver's NBA

horizon

Veteran
Daps
What are you talking about? Let me just return the stupid neg. Basketball is already international you idiot, of course international fans would like a tournament with their local clubs playing NBA teams.
1 + 1 is 2 not 3 you fukking idiot, let me know where I lost you and I'll try to explain it in a way you can understand

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Fam, no one wants an all star game in Detroit or most NBA cities. New York, Miami, LA, San Francisco, Chicago, Houston, Toronto and Phoenix are the only places an all star game should be. Players are not going to show up on a Friday for a three day trip to Detroit and I have love for the D.
Needs to come back to DC :ufdup:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Fat elephant cac went all in on Madam Silver here. Well said fec
I was surprised by that.

For all the money that Disney is paying the NBA ($1.4 billion a year under current rights), Adam Silver takes all the criticism of the league by that network like a bytch :mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Exactly. A lot of uneducated NBA stans don’t understand how this isn’t a sustainable place for the NBA to live in. The future of the league is in jeopardy

The people on here who directly create this problem are never going to admit it.

I have said over and over again that most posters here care more about the soap opera bullshyt than they do about the actual game. They love posting narratives and catchphrases and posting feuds and chatty-patty bullshyt, but then make fun of you if you make a long post breaking down the actual gameplay or including too many clips.

Add that to the "ringz!" culture that this site pushes more than any other narrative, and you can easily see how every single thing they're bytching about in this thread is something they had a hand in creating.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
earlier this weekend they played asg from the 90s. the level of intensity and focus was night and day to this asg. it wasn't that they played harder, but they were clearly more focused and engaged. this asg just seemed like a random pick up game with dudes going 70% if that. shyt was trash to be honest.

Because 90% of them were going to end the season healthy. Due to changes in how the game is played (larger players going faster and higher, more dramatic joint-wearing moves like crossovers and eurosteps, schemes requiring you to cover more ground on both ends of the floor), injuries have increased significantly every decade and are currently at a crisis point. What are you going to do about it?

Everyone bytches about superstar injuries ruining the playoffs, but then bytches about stars taking measures to save themselves for the playoffs. You can't have it both ways.

In the Lakers thread, Bron haters were saying that he's a clown if he plays in the All-Star game when he's not 100%, because the only thing that should matter is making the playoffs. But then there's people clowning him for taking it easy in the All-Star game and not going 100%. It's a no-win situation.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Once the players in the league can be the same age as your children it's a wrap. Nobody is gonna be a Stan of somebody we see as a kid. That's for the young people. So once whoever is your favorite ages out, we just become casuals.

Sportsbetting is gonna change this

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
You want competition through the league, so that every team has a chance at being good. Split up the star players. Introduce a hard salary cap or harsher penalties for going over. Discourage super teams. Have non guaranteed contracts to get rid of load management.

The problem is the league is making a ton of money, no one will do anything unless revenue starts dropping significantly. They're negotiating for a 75 billion dollar tv contract now. Adam Silver is a liberal commissioner who has catered to the players right now.