Sad: Nigerian Chem. Engineer Puts Magnets Together to Prove Gays Are Unnatural, Wants Nobel Prize

Status
Not open for further replies.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:stopitslime:
that's a false equivalency idiot, people can theoretically put their private parts into any orifice, but the male penis was designed for the female vagina, in fact if you insert a male penis into a female vagina, in an "in and out" fashion for long enough, the male will ejaculate a substance that can bring forth life from a female body.

how the hell is that any comparison to oral sex or ear sex, or fat sex?

:mindblown:

That's what I just said. :snoop:

The penis was only designed to be put in the vagina, so it probably shouldn't be put anywhere else, including the mouth. Which is why oral sex is unnatural and bad.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
are you serious :laugh:

When was the last time a top American university had a student or a professor publish an ignorant, racist article that wasn't solidly panned and criticized, both by the university and surrounding academics? There are still kooks, but they get called out, and often fired when they try and come with something like that. In contrast, in this particular Nigerian university, professors and the department praised the "study" and said it deserved a nobel prize and displayed the "research" publicly in the department. The trend of racist pseudoscience being widely praised/accepted died out near the end of the 1800s, and has dwindled ever since. Now there are only a handful of fringe people who believe these things, and they don't get massive support at top universities.

Daps
Reppin
London
I posted this link from this site, which is a reputable Nigerian publication, NOT from the West or Western-sponsored: http://www.thisdaylive.com/about

If you want further proof of the publication's veracity: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thisday

I don't post racist, anti-African news, nor do I support things like Western countries denying aid to African countries based on their treatment of homosexuals. This article is about the quality of education at what is supposed to be a top Nigerian university department, and the fact that it is being cosigned by actual professors.

It's a Nigerian paper, yes. Reputable? Not really. They've made shyt up several times to suit their needs. That's not to say that they made this particular one up, just that they aren't - clearly - a good source for much of anything.

However, I have encountered a few graduates and PHD holders with the same lack of a basic grasp of sense. Sad to say, but some have been Nigerians.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When was the last time a top American university had a student or a professor publish an ignorant, racist article that wasn't solidly panned and criticized, both by the university and surrounding academics? There are still kooks, but they get called out, and often fired when they try and come with something like that. In contrast, in this particular Nigerian university, professors and the department praised the "study" and said it deserved a nobel prize and displayed the "research" publicly in the department. The trend of racist pseudoscience being widely praised/accepted died out near the end of the 1800s, and has dwindled ever since. Now there are only a handful of fringe people who believe these things, and they don't get massive support at top universities.
i guess its a slow sunday so i can at least reply. but i can reply with anything serious.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
That's what I just said. :snoop:

The penis was only designed to be put in the vagina, so it probably shouldn't be put anywhere else, including the mouth. Which is why oral sex is unnatural and bad.

you suggested oral sex be made illegal, legalities aren't the argument.

the argument is whether or not people of the same sex being attracted to each other is natural.

your attempt at being divisive was poor.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It's a Nigerian paper, yes. Reputable? Not really. They've made shyt up several times to suit their needs. That's not to say that they made this particular one up, just that they aren't - clearly - a good source for much of anything.

However, I have encountered a few graduates and PHD holders with the same lack of a basic grasp of sense. Sad to say, but some have been Nigerians.

If you're a Nigerian, then I defer to your greater experience on the subject, but seeing as this is one of the government universities, I also don't think they could make this up and get away with it. And if they've made stuff up in the past- that puts them in the same company as all the most reputable American papers, so I'm not sure that detracts from the source all that much relative to others.

As for PhDs, yes, for sure. There are such people everywhere. I just worry about the institutional cosign of this man's "work" and what it says about the institution itself.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
:stopitslime:

that's a false equivalency idiot, people can theoretically put their private parts into any orifice, but the male penis was designed for the female vagina, in fact if you insert a male penis into a female vagina, in an "in and out" fashion for long enough, the male will ejaculate a substance that can bring forth life from a female body.

how the hell is that any comparison to oral sex or ear sex, or fat sex?

Asexual reproduction though :patrice:

Daps
Reppin
London
If you're a Nigerian, then I defer to your greater experience on the subject, but seeing as this is one of the government universities, I also don't think they could make this up and get away with it. And if they've made stuff up in the past- that puts them in the same company as all the most reputable American papers, so I'm not sure that detracts from the source all that much relative to others.

As for PhDs, yes, for sure. There are such people everywhere. I just worry about the institutional cosign of this man's "work" and what it says about the institution itself.

It used to be one of the better universities in the country. But, I've heard that the learning practices and curricula are ridiculously out-dated in many teaching departments. It would seem that idiot's department is one of such. Further, a lot of the lecturers aren't quite up to scratch, so... I don't even know what to say. I'd say it doesn't speak to the university itself, more to the department.

You're right it doesn't necessarily detract from the story, but, compared to a reputable Nigerian newspaper, they are more likely to indulge themselves. Homosexuality is somewhat hot topic in Nigeria - it helps to distract the masses - so a story like the one printed will sell papers. That the source for something a lot of Nigerians would cosign is a Unilag "scientist" only helps sales further. I suppose I'm digressing. It doesn't take much away from the story itself. I guess I'm embarassed.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps

but we are to listen to everything a scientist says like it's the dogma..... so I'm sure no one on HL would have an issue w this ridiculous shyt

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It used to be one of the better universities in the country. But, I've heard that the learning practices and curricula are ridiculously out-dated in many teaching departments. It would seem that idiot's department is one of such. Further, a lot of the lecturers aren't quite up to scratch, so... I don't even know what to say. I'd say it doesn't speak to the university itself, more to the department.

You're right it doesn't necessarily detract from the story, but, compared to a reputable Nigerian newspaper, they are more likely to indulge themselves. Homosexuality is somewhat hot topic in Nigeria - it helps to distract the masses - so a story like the one printed will sell papers. That the source for something a lot of Nigerians would cosign is a Unilag "scientist" only helps sales further. I suppose I'm digressing. It doesn't take much away from the story itself. I guess I'm embarassed.

I see. So it's an issue of governmental bureaucracy causing decay? That has happened in many other countries, too. I don't think you should be embarrassed, honestly, unless it's for that particular department. This doesn't reflect on Nigeria as a whole at all. I agree with everything else you're saying. It's most probably to distract people from important issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.