Sad: Nigerian Chem. Engineer Puts Magnets Together to Prove Gays Are Unnatural, Wants Nobel Prize

Status
Not open for further replies.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Look, this thread is the worst of HL. On one side you have people who are being thick-headed and others who are trolling. On the other side you have HL regulars actually responding to them more than once instead of proving them wrong and moving onto the crux of the thread. What makes it all sad is that if not for those trolls, then there would be next to no replies to this thread. If HL is a slow forum, it's fine, most of us can accept that if there is more reading that commentating, but please stop allowing trolls to dominate the forum by giving them pages of responses. I don't get how these people genuinely bother you enough for you to take them at face value. On the other side, what value do people get in coming into every HL thread and acting purposefully obtuse or asking the strangest questions...while being so insecure in your own voice that anyone who disagrees with you must have heinous intentions.

But I'm speaking more to the regulars because I expect more, trolls always get dealt with eventually.

We still don't even have every function on this new board yet, I can't bump threads or demote threads like I used to quietly do behind the scenes. But I never could, and never will be able to be online at all times to catch every troll or nip every frivolous argument in the bud. If HL is going to be anything better than TLR's slightly smarter twin brother then collectively we have to decide to live up to the forum's name. HL is supposed to police itself, part of that is knowing when not to react. Think about Slaimon and Tom, and what it took to get those guys banned from this forum and then think about what it would take clean up all these people posting like buffons. It's not something done lightly, and by the time I enter a thread, there's a full-blown back and forth with these same cast of caricatured characters to the point where I don't even know if I should ban them from the thread because deleting their posts or the responses to them would equal half the thread.

Religion, homosexuality, something bashing or pro-obama, psuedo-science = platinum thread in HL. It all needs to stop. All of it :camby:

Status
Not open for further replies.