RZA vs Premier IG Live Battle

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Don't think you guys understand the importance of DWYCK.. used to tear down hiphop concerts..

DWYCK is definitely one of those "you had to be there" type tracks. It's generational.

If you were around when that dropped in '92, you know it was basically the anthem for that summer. They dropped "Take It Personal" first, and "DWYCK" was the b-side to the single, so they came out with that right after. And everyone went crazy! You couldn't go anywhere in NYC without hearing that track. It was the official party starter, and STILL is! A lot of dudes missed that era, so they didn't get a chance to really witness those songs in real-time. They had to go back and get them later, so they don't understand how important those songs were and are.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This here.

All this "RZA won" and "Primo won" shyt is corny. How do you sit there and actually keep score when these dudes are blessing us and playing classic after classic? Dudes were really sitting there with scorecards like they were watching a heavyweight bout or something. This is Hip Hop, you're supposed to just be enjoying what they were doing for us, not keeping tally so you can come online and argue with other dudes about who beat you. Primo said it best last night, "It's just about coming on here and having a good time with my brother." A lot of "fans" don’t seem to understand that.

Those dudes really enjoyed, especially RZA imo. Dude really didn't want to log off/would've went on for hours. Type a guy you could build with about music for hours. My type of cat. It was especially dope how him and Preme were just shooting the shyt. Totally genuine

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Those dudes really enjoyed, especially RZA imo. Dude really didn't want to log off/would've went on for hours. Type a guy you could build with about music for hours. My type of cat. It was especially dope how him and Preme were just shooting the shyt. Totally genuine

Word.

They were rooting for each other and bigging each other up, the whole time. RZA was telling Preem to let certain parts play. Preem was telling RZA that he was waiting for him to play certain joints. That's all love and respect. Which is really what Hip Hop is about. Dudes want people to compete all the time, as a part of the "this one won and that one lost" culture". But Hip Hop is at its best when we see what we did last night. When the greats come together and build on the history, their work and just bless the people in a way that brings all of the fans together to just sit back and enjoy some classic shyt.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
@spliz
I think I called the first round for RZA last night but decided it was a tie this morning. So I can’t be mad at you going with A Million And One Questions.
I went with Cold World over Devils Pie. Cold World is just so dark and grimey that Devils Pie wasn’t the right match for it. Classic beat and song of course.
Motherless Child was an easy choice over DEvils for me. I was never crazy about the DEvils beat. Plus Prodigy had an ill freestyle over that beat. I just love that beat.
I honestly don’t even remember how I came down on Long KISS vs. Above The Clouds :lolbron:
shyt is close. I think I gave it to Primo.
I went with RZA for Youre All I Need vs Ten Crack Commandments.
Everything about that song was perfect and it was monumental. Daytime radio play in the Bay Area.
Cream is easily over Mass Appeal for me. You need Shook Ones or TROY to compete with Cream.
I got Wu Tang Ain’t over Crooklyn but that ones closer.
I went with Dark Fantasy over Classic but they were scraping the bottom of the barrel with this round :russ:
I got Triumph over Represent. That one is close though.
You skipped 25. Which was Tanasia vs Friend or Foe. I went with Primo on that one. That an easy choice.
for its yours and so ghetto you had a tie and I think I went with So Ghetto. That one is close though.
You skipped A Better Tomorow and I Gave You Power I’m assuming because you didn’t want to give that round to RZA :troll:

so we agreed over half the time. Maybe 2-3 picks I really disagree with. A few others were close for me in the other direction.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I stopped trying to keep score after about Rd 7 or 8. I was just enjoying the ride after that, just as everyone else was. Last time I saw someone comment with a score, it was like 5-5
Kinda how it went for me

Couple jabs from both then the heavy right hands starting coming out.

Felt like a teen during this battle. It's a tie for me

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
To anybody with DWYCK over Criminology:martin:
DWYCK is an all time classic beat and song that was a single though
KQ6yxtI.png

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
This here.

All this "RZA won" and "Primo won" shyt is corny. How do you sit there and actually keep score when these dudes are blessing us and playing classic after classic? Dudes were really sitting there with scorecards like they were watching a heavyweight bout or something. This is Hip Hop, you're supposed to just be enjoying what they were doing for us, not keeping tally so you can come online and argue with other dudes about who beat you. Primo said it best last night, "It's just about coming on here and having a good time with my brother." A lot of "fans" don’t seem to understand that.
It’s a battle though. Battles are supposed to be competitive and have winners and losers.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Wanting to be the best is way different than not appreciating what we had last night, for what it was. That wasn't them competing. It was them celebrating and sharing those classics with us. Not them trying to best each other.
They were definitely competing. They just kept it super respectful.