RZA vs Premier IG Live Battle

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
1. RZA - Would've edged it to Primo if he let Rhyme No More play but thats technically 2 tracks if he did :patrice:
2. RZA - Bring The Pain is too classic. I love Breakin The Rules but he could've used a stronger MOP cut.
3. Primo - This is basically what I said before in reverse.
4. RZA - An absolute Wu classic versus a glorified b-side? :what:
5. Primo - And that's after some major thought. Run is high octane Ghost at his finest but MCs... is just too tough.
6. RZA - Shame on Primo for not countering this joint better than a Das Efx cut :martin:
7. RZA - Living Proof is an ABSOLUTE CLASSIC...but going up against Protect Ya Neck? Sorry :francis:
8. RZA - Like I said, I like Devil's Pie, but its not beating Cold World. Should've saved that one for later in hindsight.
9. RZA - Just To Get A Rep is one of my favorite Gang Starr cuts but Method Man is too strong.
10. Tie - Can't call it. Primo finally got his wind back here with a classic Jay cut but Motherless Child?...yall already know how I feel about it :russ:
11. Primo - How do you follow up Nas' Verbal Intercourse verse? With the perennial Nas song. Absolute perfect counter :banderas:
12. RZA - Like I said, Hard to Earn isn't my favorite Gang Starr album and the b-sides didn't do a whole lot to change that. :manny:
13. Primo - Love Ice Cream but I'll play Unbelievable first every time. And that R. Kelly hook is the icing on the cake.
14. Primo - Lot of songs would've lost to Come Clean anyway, but RZA didn't even produce Brooklyn Zoo. :martin:
15. Primo - One of the best Biggie cuts ever. Even ODB seminal classic can't beat it.
16. RZA - Loved and hated this round because Long Kiss was the perfect follow up to Kick In The Door and while Decks verse on Above The Clouds was the star of the show...
17. Primo - How do you not follow up Decks best verse in 98 with his best verse from 97 (and possibly ever) with Triumph? :francis: Assassination Day wasn't besting NYSOM no way.
18. RZA - Lemonade is still a popular drink but Criminology? :banderas:
19. Tie - I'm not even gonna try to choose. 2 titanic tracks :hubie:
20. Primo - Devil's Pie vs All I Need wouldve been a better match but I'll still give it to Primo...that sample chop is timeless :wow:
21. Tie - The definite Wu cut vs the definite Gang Starr cut. Come on man.
22. Primo - One of my favorite Primo beats and that Chubb Rock verse? :whoo:
23. Primo - Loved Classic the whole way through while I only like the first verse on Dark Fantasy before Kanye does too much on the rest of the song.
24. RZA - NOTHING IS BEATING TRIUMPH. PERIOD.
25. Primo - Ehh...I get RZA wanting to follow up with a Nas cut but Tanasia isn't beating Friend or Foe.
26. Primo - The last cut Primo ever did with Jay and they went out on a high note. :banderas:
27. No. :unimpressed:
28. Primo - Just when everybody though Preem forgot this one, he makes it the finishing blow. :wow:

11-4-13

Looks like Primo got this after all :leon:

:leon:

Shocked considering you’re stance last night. :dead:

Anyways, yeah I had a Premo in this. In the second half he had counters for everything. :manny:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
z2rASJY.png

no disrespect I just wanted to use that smiley
CxxgZ5m.png

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
DWYCK is definitely one of those "you had to be there" type tracks. It's generational.

If you were around when that dropped in '92, you know it was basically the anthem for that summer. They dropped "Take It Personal" first, and "DWYCK" was the b-side to the single, so they came out with that right after. And everyone went crazy! You couldn't go anywhere in NYC without hearing that track. It was the official party starter, and STILL is! A lot of dudes missed that era, so they didn't get a chance to really witness those songs in real-time. They had to go back and get them later, so they don't understand how important those songs were and are.
I was a 12 year old in the Bay Area who experienced that song purely through Rap City and Yo MTV Raps and it was obviously immediately a legendary song and as the years passed the Rep Grew Bigger.

If you didn’t see what I did there
cItRMNs.png

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
If you're a participation trophy ass nikka, see yourself out the thread. This was a battle and it was highly debatable. fukk all that other shyt :camby:

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
Amazing. IDGAF about scoring, we all won.

Side note: IDK if it was really her, but someone named "tiffanyhaddish" kept making trash ass, disrespectful jokes and shyt. If that's really her, I hope she falls and breaks her jaw so she shuts the fukk up.

Yeah, that’s her. From what I saw, everyone just ignored her, celeb & otherwise. I doubt she even knows any of the songs they played. fukkin Topanga & Eli Roth knew more of those joints than she did.