RZA vs Premier IG Live Battle

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
No. It just ain’t all that. Lol
what? :mjlol: we sayin dark fantasy aint all that now? a classic intro from an all time classic album. what the fukk is going on?

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Once RZA and Preme got half in, it was clear it wasnt gonna be a legit winner. Just celebrate the greatness and quit trying to argue people down in here.

This here.

All this "RZA won" and "Primo won" shyt is corny. How do you sit there and actually keep score when these dudes are blessing us and playing classic after classic? Dudes were really sitting there with scorecards like they were watching a heavyweight bout or something. This is Hip Hop, you're supposed to just be enjoying what they were doing for us, not keeping tally so you can come online and argue with other dudes about who beat you. Primo said it best last night, "It's just about coming on here and having a good time with my brother." A lot of "fans" don’t seem to understand that.

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Some of the beats/songs you'd give the edge to the other, depending on the time of day, the season, hell, the hour. That's how close it really was' I liked that they were really gauging each other, and using the previous one as the segway into the next track.

Some of the best moments were Premo's reactions, RZA asking to keep DWYCK on, and RZA's kids coming out to Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthin...

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not far fetched. DWYCK was lit and still gets a party live depending on who u playing for. 2 diff vibes. nikkas from all walks of life can quote that song,

Yeah but Primo did a poor job with that selection. DWYCK shouldn't have gone a harder beat. Criminolgy is the better of the two.

Majestic

Daps
This here.

All this "RZA won" and "Primo won" shyt is corny. How do you sit there and actually keep score when these dudes are blessing us and playing classic after classic? Dudes were really sitting there with scorecards like they were watching a heavyweight bout or something. This is Hip Hop, you're supposed to just be enjoying what they were doing for us, not keeping tally so you can come online and argue with other dudes about who beat you. Primo said it best last night, "It's just about coming on here and having a good time with my brother." A lot of "fans" don’t seem to understand that, it seems.
hiphop been about wanting to be the best. fukk you mean breh?

Majestic

Daps
lack of competition and wanting to be the best is the reason rap is trash nowadays. We need that 90s mentality back when everybody was gunning for the throne. That's when classics are made. shoutout to kendrick lamar and freddie gibbs. honourable mention to griselda records.

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
Shaderoom is so damn wack. They have managed to make IG thots and reality stars famous but didn't cover this legendary battle. Smh
That's ridiculous for the so called biggest urban blog

Let it be kylie vs alexis sky twerk off. They would've done 10 posts on it giving you play by play.

OR some 'lil' rapper yelling about who he gon kill next. They put those posts up in seconds flat

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
hiphop been about wanting to be the best. fukk you mean breh?

Wanting to be the best is way different than not appreciating what we had last night, for what it was. That wasn't them competing. It was them celebrating and sharing those classics with us. Not them trying to best each other.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Truth.

And this is exactly why I always said that Primo is the GOAT. I make this same point all the time.
RZA from 93-97 had the best run ever imo. But his best work was with a handful of artists on a handful of albums. That made his list kind of predictable outside of Maria and Run. Gravel Pit was wack to me. While Primo worked with dozens of artists. The only reason we talk about Group Home is becuz of his production

I used to rap a little and it’s hard to rhyme over RZA beats and not sound like a Wu member. While over Primo beats you can be yourself. A lot of work from RZA could be movie scores. shyt was just a dope moment in hip hop tho. Both of them nikkas showed off and I wasn’t mad at any of the choices