RZA vs Premier IG Live Battle

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
RZA from 93-97 had the best run ever imo. But his best work was with a handful of artists on a handful of albums. That made his list kind of predictable outside of Maria and Run. Gravel Pit was wack to me. While Primo worked with dozens of artists. The only reason we talk about Group Home is becuz of his production

I used to rap a little and it’s hard to rhyme over RZA beats and not sound like a Wu member. While over Primo beats you can be yourself. A lot of work from RZA could be movie scores. shyt was just a dope moment in hip hop tho. Both of them nikkas showed off and I wasn’t mad at any of the choices

Word.

From '92-'96, my guys were always Q-Tip, Pete Rock, Premier, Erick Sermon and RZA. I was buying albums as a kid then, so I was also able to see the impact as these albums and songs dropped, in real time. But there were a lot of dudes at their best back then. That era was just special, it was the best time for Hip Hop because everyone was in top form. Primo and Q-Tip were the guys that kinda worked with everyone! My only gripe with RZA was that he didn't really branch out much away from the Clan. And for whatever reason, Pete kinda slowed up with the output after the breakup with CL. But he was no joke before that. Dude didn't put out one wack beat.

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
This here.

All this "RZA won" and "Primo won" shyt is corny. How do you sit there and actually keep score when these dudes are blessing us and playing classic after classic? Dudes were really sitting there with scorecards like they were watching a heavyweight bout or something. This is Hip Hop, you're supposed to just be enjoying what they were doing for us, not keeping tally so you can come online and argue with other dudes about who beat you. Primo said it best last night, "It's just about coming on here and having a good time with my brother." A lot of "fans" don’t seem to understand that, it seems.
music fans have a sports like mentality towards things

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Word.

From '92-'96, my guys were always Q-Tip, Pete Rock, Premier, Erick Sermon and RZA. I was buying albums as a kid then, so I was also able to see the impact as these albums and songs dropped, in real time. But there were a lot of dudes at their best back then. That era was just special, it was the best time for Hip Hop because everyone was in top form. Primo and Q-Tip were the guys that kinda worked with everyone! My only gripe with RZA was that he didn't really branch out much away from the Clan. And for whatever reason, Pete kinda slowed up with the output after the breakup with CL. But he was no joke before that. Dude didn't put out one wack beat.
Same here with me for all this breh. I was born in 81 so being the age I was these cats were like heroes to me. Definitely the best era from a production standpoint with every region having its own sound

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Same here with me for all this breh. I was born in 81 so being the age I was these cats were like heroes to me. Definitely the best era from a production standpoint with every region having its own sound

Same.

Every dollar I had went to buying albums they worked on. Seemed like there was a classic album dropping every other week.

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shaderoom is so damn wack. They have managed to make IG thots and reality stars famous but didn't cover this legendary battle. Smh
That's ridiculous for the so called biggest urban blog

Let it be kylie vs alexis sky twerk off. They would've done 10 posts on it giving you play by play.

OR some 'lil' rapper yelling about who he gon kill next. They put those posts up in seconds flat
be upset that a blog that gossips about women didn’t post a hip hop battle brehs.