Ryse Reviews

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Seriously dude, no bullshyt. You need to play this.
Never was interested in it since I seen it's reveal. My cousin has it and I seen it in person and it looks as bland as I thought it would be. :ld: For the record, I thought GOW:A was boring too so it's not a console bias.

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
all the gameplay i'v watched it looks pretty boring. Don't know why they always have to make a campaign based story game where you play through in one shot. Next gen should be expanding what you can do with games. Why don't they try to make a game like this that involves some type of strategy simulation. Is there times in this game where you get to fight huge epic battles on a field and ride a horse or anything?

shyts just the same games with better graphics :snoop:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
4psho8vn.gif

ib0BoMH7rsjfeu.gif

ryse_spike_by_raziel1992-d6ud6ni.gif

ibjSynFDdwIAKz.gif

test4o8flc.gif

:wow:

*taken from Neo-gaf*

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
The gameplay is great

This game is pretty good. I'm only through two chapters so far and the combat is fun. I can understand some of the low scores due to repetitiveness though. Some type of exploration/puzzles would have gone a long way to break the monotony.

Underneath the apparent gameplay structure there's a cool metagame of trying to perfect the executions so you can upgrade your character. I can see how some people would mindlessly button mash through the game and not give any thought to that system. I guess your enjoyment in the game relies on how much you buy into it and truly try to perfect the combat.

When you lay down a room full of barbarians without getting touched and using all different types of executions the game can be truly amazing.

Talk about an amazing game. Graphics are top knotch. Action is fast and furious. Story is very enthralling. Combat system is surprisingly deep.

Be sure to play on CENTURION mode, or else i'm sure it might be too easy. Executions and combat make this game very intense. Highly recommend to any hack and slash fans.
serious question...
How are y'all saying the gameplay is great when all the review sites are saying its repetitive?

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
The review sites are full of shyt. Plus they likely ran through the game on easy.
I think that's a bs answer because the same thing is said across different sites. But I understand we all have out own opinions, so in your opinion the gameplay is not repetitive? Is it worth $60?

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOL people are fronting. This game doesn't look boring at all. Unless you are some type of pacifist. It probably just is boring. Clips look great gameplay probably isn't. Crytek is all hat and no cattle.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think that's a bs answer because the same thing is said across different sites. But I understand we all have out own opinions, so in your opinion the gameplay is not repetitive? Is it worth $60?

Dude, i'm telling you the game is good as hell. Talk to anyone WHO HAS PLAYED IT and they will likely tell you the same, especially if their into hack and slash titles. The game to me is fun as hell and easily my favorite game of the launch thus far, followed very closely by Forza.

The game is beautifully done, and the combat system surprisingly deep and rewarding if you learn it well. It could definitely be fleshed out and improved, something i'm sure will happen with the sequel.

Please don't base your opinion of the game from others who haven't played it. And fukk the reviewers. Most of them are effimnate fanboys that probably were turned off by the excessive gore.

The game is awesome and a visual masterpiece. Play it for your self before you make up you mind. I'm enjoying the game and feel it was $60 well spent. However, if you don't like hack and slash, perhaps you should rent it. Either way, you should definitely play it.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Check out this Amazon review...
The torrential influx of vitriolically critical reviews for Ryse never dissuaded me, as I was so intrigued and enraptured by the unique setting and premise that I was defiantly determined to experience it for myself and draw my own conclusions, and it was the best decision that I could have made because the game is amazing. It truly is a breathtaking marvel of design. This game is the perfect showcase for Xbox One's next-gen hardware, as I cannot heap enough ebullient superlatives on the graphics. The character models and environments are exquisitely detailed, the animations lifelike, and the atmosphere palpably alive. Rome is fully realized in this game. When you factor in a gripping, involved story and the intense cinematic grandeur of its presentation, Ryse simply looks and feels truly epic. The fashionably maligned flawedness of the gameplay has been overstated, as I found the combat satisfying and more complex than given credit for; it does get slightly repetitive over time, but not to the extent that it kills the fun of the game. Simply put, Ryse is a matchlessly beautiful and underratedly fun game. Give this game a chance, as it is absolutely worth your time.

Dude really enjoyed the game...:pachaha:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
serious question...
How are y'all saying the gameplay is great when all the review sites are saying its repetitive?

It is repetitive. But it can be very fun and rewarding if you try to perfect it. Or you can put it on easy and run through the game with your eyes closed spamming the X button. My guess is that most reviewers did the later

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
what are you basing this on? i listen to a lot of reviewers podcast, and many have stated they played on normal or even hard to add more of a challenge

It's not so much about the difficulty level, it just depends on what you put into to it. You can get through the game without trying to perfect the combat and enhance your character/unlock executions and that would be very stale.

But if you actualy try to perfect the combat and unlock all the moves then it becomes a very compelling and unique experience.