Ryse Reviews

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Slash, Slash. Roll, Block, Slash.

If that's compelling for you then wow, Devil May Cry springs to mind.

Granted it looks very good, but im sorry I cannot agree with you saying its unique and compelling. There is only so much

PS: Sorry I forgot to add you can throw a spear also.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Slash, Slash. Roll, Block, Slash.

If that's compelling for you then wow, Devil May Cry springs to mind.

Granted it looks very good, but im sorry I cannot agree with you saying its unique and compelling. There is only so much

PS: Sorry I forgot to add you can throw a spear also.

Have you played the game on hard?

Did you fully upgrade your character?

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its funny how most non journalist that play this game are saying good things... Like really good things. I doubt I like it but wouldn't mind renting or playing it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Im a 3rd through on hard.

But regardless the gameplan is still slash, slash, roll, block, slash. Thats the game.

Not like its any puzzles or anything like Arkham series is it.

Yeah, I agree there could be more in the way of puzzles/expoloration, but I'm still having a lot of fun with the game.

It's not really like any other hack and slash out there. The campaign reminds me more of a FPS than a 3rd person action game.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I Dont Think The Fighting Is All That Great Or Nothing But There Are Combos And Moves You Have To Learn

I Mean You Can Get By Just Slashing Your Sword Around If You Dont Want To Bother Learning Them But Thats On You

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Yes there are combos to learn to an extent, but not that great.

Its a good game and like ive said visually good, voice acting is on point. But wouldn't say the game is unique or compelling.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I Dont Think The Fighting Is All That Great Or Nothing But There Are Combos And Moves You Have To Learn

I Mean You Can Get By Just Slashing Your Sword Around If You Dont Want To Bother Learning Them But Thats On You

Not on the tougher levels you can't. Its not as good as DMC or GoW but you can't mash yourself to victory. I'm on the last act now. Bought this on launch date but now coming around to actually playing it. Marius is a dope ass character and the story is good for what it sets out to accomplish. I've had a few :gladbron: moments. Like this
maxresdefault.jpg

I was in the mancave like :leostare::whoo::dwillhuh::pacspit: :merchant:
it's time to ride on these bustas.

I was mad that I had to go to sleep last night so I can get my ass up for work today. I'm going to finish it tonight though. :myman:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Not on the tougher levels you can't. Its not as good as DMC or GoW but you can't mash yourself to victory. I'm on the last act now. Bought this on launch date but now coming around to actually playing it. Marius is a dope ass character and the story is good for what it sets out to accomplish. I've had a few :gladbron: moments. Like this
maxresdefault.jpg

I was mad that I had to go to sleep last night so I can get my ass up for work today. I'm going to finish it tonight though. :myman:

I've tried and tried again to enjoy this game. Got it for X1 and PC but after 30 minutes it gets boring as fukk

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:gladbron:

going to be your face the last 5 min of the game.
maxresdefault.jpg

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I've tried and tried again to enjoy this game. Got it for X1 and PC but after 30 minutes it gets boring as fukk

You and I had the same feeling. I pushed through it and I feel like I've been rewarded. Graphically, I already knew it was piff but even I, with all my jadedness, have been like :mjcry:, this shyt looks amazing. It's a basic game as far as gameplay. The appeal are the executions and such but I find the story to be dope and I'm entertained enough to go forward and it hasn't been a tough thing to do. This is a solid 7.5-8.0 game to me. If a sequel were to arise (pun intended), I'd cop without hesitation :blessed:.