Run The Damn Ball Kyle!!! 2020 49ers Offseason Thread.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
:ld: I can see this argument because some of Aiyuk's tape reminds me of Pettis but with more dog in him, which is apparently what Shanny hates about Pettis. But I think Pettis is much more of a polished route runner who gets great separation whereas Aiyuk is a much more raw route runner with a lot of wasted motion in his shyt and a more limited route tree. Pettis is a technician, and far more economical with his routes and movement. To Aiyuk's credit he's the better athlete. Dude's a former RB who can eat in open space after the catch, which is not how I'd describe Pettis. Guess we'll see.
Sounds like Deebo

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
:ld: I can see this argument because some of Aiyuk's tape reminds me of Pettis but with more dog in him, which is apparently what Shanny hates about Pettis. But I think Pettis is much more of a polished route runner who gets great separation whereas Aiyuk is a much more raw route runner with a lot of wasted motion in his shyt and a more limited route tree. Pettis is a technician, and far more economical with his routes and movement. To Aiyuk's credit he's the better athlete. Dude's a former RB who can eat in open space after the catch, which is not how I'd describe Pettis. Guess we'll see.
Both are PAC 12 bums. I don't get the logical at all. Moving up two times to get players that would have been around well into the late second or even early third round. It's like Shanny and Lynch are stuck on Cali talent which has been complete ass in recent years. There is no way this dude would have not been there at 31. What the fukk do they have against tall receivers. Jimmy needs that tall target. I really hope Hurd can make it back, but it looks grim.

49ers are some smart dumb mofos with picks. They do a :blessed:pick and then they do a :why: pick right afterwards.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County

@jwonder bout to be like

giphy.gif

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

You damn right. You replace a bum with another bum? Yo I would have lost if they got him at 14. Damn Kinlaw I need to make a donation to whatever charity he will have when he starts playing for still being available:lolbron:

I wasn't disappointed at all with the Kinlaw pick. I really hope pans out and I think he will.

We got AJ Jenkins all over again though. :scust:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You damn right. You replace a bum with another bum? Yo I would have lost if they got him at 14. Damn Kinlaw I need to make a donation to whatever charity he will have when he starts playing for still being available:lolbron:

I wasn't disappointed at all with the Kinlaw pick. I really hope pans out and I think he will.

We got AJ Jenkins all over again though. :scust:

Willing to give Aiyuk a chance though esp with Shanny. The Kinlaw pick was good though. Marquise Goodwin gone so replacing him was needed. And of course Sanders.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Willing to give Aiyuk a chance though esp with Shanny. The Kinlaw pick was good though. Marquise Goodwin gone so replacing him was needed. And of course Sanders.
I hope he makes me eat crow like Deebo did. But I don't have faith in PAC 12 bums. :yeshrug: I don't trust Shanny with getting WR's from the PAC 12. Pettis really pissed me off. Traded up and a waste. Is this Deja Vu?

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
In this offense I think Aiyuk should be good. Kyle has no issues getting the ball to "playmakers" in space.
I don't see what Aiyuk is really adding to this offense.

Sounds like Deebo
He has a bit more vertical action to his game, but yeah pretty much :francis:

Both are PAC 12 bums. I don't get the logical at all. Moving up two times to get players that would have been around well into the late second or even early third round. It's like Shanny and Lynch are stuck on Cali talent which has been complete ass in recent years. There is no way this dude would have not been there at 31. What the fukk do they have against tall receivers. Jimmy needs that tall target. I really hope Hurd can make it back, but it looks grim.

49ers are some smart dumb mofos with picks. They do a :blessed:pick and then they do a :why: pick right afterwards.
JuJu says hi :pachaha:

I think Pettis has shown spurts of his potential, but if he can't cook this year then I'd be fine with getting rid of him.

I've been seeing reports that Aiyuk wouldn't have made it past GB, but I just don't think he's a can't-miss tier 1 WR prospect, so wasting that draft capital to move up for him is :gucci: to me. We had our shot at the two tier 1 guys and passed, so I'm salty at this Aiyuck nikka about that shyt. I guess Shanny thinks he doesn't need separation dudes who can run good routes because he can scheme them open :francis:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
My problem with the Kinlaw pick isn't the player (I think he's the best DL in this draft) or even the spot (don't think 14th was a reach for a player of his talent), my problem is that we keep throwing huge draft capital at the same damn position year after year after year. There were better players at a bigger position of need still on the board.

EWVgfm9UMAA2yMp

We've drafted a DL in the first round in 5 of the past 6 drafts. We've used a 17th, 14th, 7th, 3rd and 2nd on this damn position :why:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
My problem with the Kinlaw pick isn't the player (I think he's the best DL in this draft) or even the spot (don't think 14th was a reach for a player of his talent), my problem is that we keep throwing huge draft capital at the same damn position year after year after year. There were better players at a bigger position of need still on the board.

EWVgfm9UMAA2yMp

We've drafted a DL in the first round in 5 of the past 6 drafts. We've used a 17th, 14th, 7th, 3rd and 2nd on this damn position :why:

It kinda worked though :yeshrug:

A front 4 pass rush without blitzing a lot helps so much defensively.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

EWVgfm9UMAA2yMp

You win games on the line of scrimmage

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County

EWVgfm9UMAA2yMp

We've drafted a DL in the first round in 5 of the past 6 drafts. We've used a 17th, 14th, 7th, 3rd and 3rd on this damn position :why:
I get what you are saying, but if there is a powerful defensive player out there you should always take him. Defense wins championships and keeps you a contenders. I mean you get 5 years out of them before they get that huge contract. Looks like the Niners are trying to do next man up instead of having to break the bank. I don't think it will last and I still think Armstead should have been traded not Buckner.

I just don't like WR picks with moving up. That is what bothers me the most. I was hoping the Niners was going to trade one of the picks to at least get a second rounder to get more players. I think there is an urgent need for CB.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
I get what you are saying, but if there is a powerful defensive player out there you should always take him. Defense wins championships and keeps you a contenders. I mean you get 5 years out of them before they get that huge contract. Looks like the Niners are trying to do next man up instead of having to break the bank. I don't think it will last and I still think Armstead should have been traded not Buckner.

I just don't like WR picks with moving up. That is what bothers me the most. I was hoping the Niners was going to trade one of the picks to at least get a second rounder to get more players. I think there is an urgent need for CB.

I agree with the bolded. I have no clue what they're going to do about CB or safety. Plus, we also need O-line help with Staley being an unknown for the upcoming season.[/B]

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
seems like brandon aiyuk will fit in this offense well. sanders opened this offense and aiyuk has close to the same skill set if not identical to sanders. it'll take some time for him to develop of course but the pick isn't as bad as ppl are making it out to be. it only looks bad because they passed on jeudy and lamb imo.