Run The Damn Ball Kyle!!! 2020 49ers Offseason Thread.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
It kinda worked though :yeshrug:

A front 4 pass rush without blitzing a lot helps so much defensively.
You win games on the line of scrimmage
200.gif

I'm not denying the importance of DL as a position group, I'm even willing to say it's the most important position group in all of football, I just can't get down with using 5 of your 6 first-round picks on one position. Each great team is built differently and has different positions of strength, but you don't see the Chiefs, Saints, Ravens, Pats, or Seahawks exclusively using their first round picks on one position. We've already invested in that position more heavily than any other team in the league and had probably the best DL in the league, why the fukk we need to draft there again?? The Buckner trade made sense if we were trying to diversify our position of strength and use it to get better in other areas, but we just replaced him with a rookie at the same position, only benefit is he's cheaper. This honestly makes Kocurek look overrated if he can't coach guys up :francis:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
seems like brandon aiyuk will fit in this offense well. sanders opened this offense and aiyuk has close to the same skill set if not identical to sanders. it'll take some time for him to develop of course but the pick isn't as bad as ppl are making it out to be. it only looks bad because they passed on jeudy and lamb imo.

WR is really dime a dozen position like RB provided that you have great scouts. I don't think the Niners do at WR for the most part. They pick ones nobody is thinking about that high.

I think Jerry is going to be a stud but its always smarter pick a stud D Lineman over a WR if available that high. IMO I think it's harder to find a great DL vs WR. So I didn't mind them passing on him. Cee Dee Lamb, I'm thinking isn't worth that high pick also.

King Kreole

Daps
seems like brandon aiyuk will fit in this offense well. sanders opened this offense and aiyuk has close to the same skill set if not identical to sanders. it'll take some time for him to develop of course but the pick isn't as bad as ppl are making it out to be. it only looks bad because they passed on jeudy and lamb imo.
Sanders was an intermediate threat with great route running and separation skills and clutch hands, that's not what I'm seeing from Aiyuk at all. Sanders ate past the sticks, Aiyuk is a YAC monster like Deebo and Kittle and Juicecheck.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
200.gif

I'm not denying the importance of DL as a position group, I'm even willing to say it's the most important position group in all of football, I just can't get down with using 5 of your 6 first-round picks on one position. Each great team is built differently and has different positions of strength, but you don't see the Chiefs, Saints, Ravens, Pats, or Seahawks exclusively using their first round picks on one position. We've already invested in that position more heavily than any other team in the league and had probably the best DL in the league, why the fukk we need to draft there again?? The Buckner trade made sense if we were trying to diversify our position of strength and use it to get better in other areas, but we just replaced him with a rookie at the same position, only benefit is he's cheaper. This honestly makes Kocurek look overrated if he can't coach guys up :francis:
They had a giant hole to fill and nobody on the roster before the draft could fill Buckners spot. Buckners spot is very important, kinlaw will get doubled on every play so bosa can do his thing.

King Kreole

Daps
They had a giant hole to fill and nobody on the roster before the draft could fill Buckners spot. Buckners spot is very important, kinlaw will get doubled on every play so bosa can do his thing.
Hope you're right :manny:

Because if not, we're going right back to that first round DL pick next year :lolbron:

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
He’s not going to get double teamed until he proves a double team is warranted on him. This upcoming season, defenses are going to double Armstead and slide protection to Bosa. It’ll be up to Kinlaw to win his one on ones cause he’ll see them all season.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

I think a lot of us are pissed because we traded away too many picks to move up for him.

200.gif

This honestly makes Kocurek look overrated if he can't coach guys up :francis:

:comeon:

You can't say that when he had everyone except Thomas doing great or much better than expected last season. One of the exciting things about Kinlaw is that he himself says he needs to learn more stuff and get coached, so when you pair him up with Kocurek, we should see great stuff from day 1 like with Bosa (maybe not on THAT level, but breh is gonna eat if he stays heallthy).

That quote from Kyle saying elite talent is more imperative on defense than offense (which is true in this day and age) explains the move pretty clearly

King Kreole

Daps
:comeon:

You can't say that when he had everyone except Thomas doing great or much better than expected last season. One of the exciting things about Kinlaw is that he himself says he needs to learn more stuff and get coached, so when you pair him up with Kocurek, we should see great stuff from day 1 like with Bosa (maybe not on THAT level, but breh is gonna eat if he stays heallthy).

That quote from Kyle saying elite talent is more imperative on defense than offense (which is true in this day and age) explains the move pretty clearly
If Kocurek has everyone doing great or much better than expected, why we burning our top pick on that position? :jbhmm:

We can't coach starter quality out of Solly, DJ Jones, Taylor or Street? :patrice:

I agree with Kyle's point about defensive talent being more important than offensive talent because it's easier to scheme quality out of the latter, but that doesn't mean offensive talent doesn't matter.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I hope he makes me eat crow like Deebo did. But I don't have faith in PAC 12 bums. :yeshrug: I don't trust Shanny with getting WR's from the PAC 12. Pettis really pissed me off. Traded up and a waste. Is this Deja Vu?

Dude got a 81 inch wingspan, that like the reach of a 6'5" person :russ: watching him play, he plays WAYYYY bigger than he really is. I actually believe he was the Niners top target even though i actually wanted the guy from Baylor.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
My problem with the Kinlaw pick isn't the player (I think he's the best DL in this draft) or even the spot (don't think 14th was a reach for a player of his talent), my problem is that we keep throwing huge draft capital at the same damn position year after year after year. There were better players at a bigger position of need still on the board.

EWVgfm9UMAA2yMp

We've drafted a DL in the first round in 5 of the past 6 drafts. We've used a 17th, 14th, 7th, 3rd and 2nd on this damn position :why:

Derrick Brown by far breh. As an Auburn fan, and just an SEC football fan period, Derrick Brown was unstoppable. Kinlaw will definitely fit in well in our line though because there's no one to key on and stop.

khross415

All Star
Daps
Dude got a 81 inch wingspan, that like the reach of a 6'5" person :russ: watching him play, he plays WAYYYY bigger than he really is. I actually believe he was the Niners top target even though i actually wanted the guy from Baylor.

bruh hands almost reach his knees , wtf kinda shyt is that?