Run The Damn Ball Kyle!!! 2020 49ers Offseason Thread.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
With the new CBA the active roster gander roster is 55, right? I think Pettis makes the team is he doesn’t get traded.

edit: never mind. Rosters do go up to 55 but that’s because 2 practice squad players can be elevated to the active roster.
Two practice-squad players per week may be elevated to the team's roster, meaning game-week roster sizes could effectively increase from 53 to 55.

Last edited:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
All you had to say is he's from FL and that would suffice. :lolbron:
As soon as I saw he was a florida boy I knew he'd get the @jwonder seal of approval
98a8d9cc393c8b8222cc43734c5c456e.png

I don't think Brandon is all that great, not first round great. I actually watched ASU a lot since Herman got there. He's basically a poor man's Deebo. Those aren't first round talent.

But I'm glad the Niners passed on Jerry. D line is more important. You say you don't see why they kept drafting one in the first round, but didn't see that resulted in a SB appearance. :francis: Offense sells tickets. Defense wins championships.
Agree with you on Brandon. Also agree on defense winning championships. I wouldn't have had a problem if we went CJ Henderson at that spot, I just think even with the loss of Buckner DL was the strongest position group on the team. I was good rolling into the season with Bosa, Armstead, DJ Jones and Ford coming off the edge, with one of Solly, Taylor or Street taking the other DT spot. Don't feel great rolling into the season with Deebo and Aiyuk as our starting WRs, but if our team philosophy is that offensive talent is relatively unimportant, why do we go WR with our second first-round pick, we should have just gone with another defensive player like McKinney or Winfield or Queen. None of our offensive starters are first round picks besides McGlinchey, and that may have been a bad pick because we passed on defensive talent like Derwin James and Minkah Fitzpatrick. If we don't need talent on offense because Shanny can manufacture it, then Aiyuk is a wasted pick too. :yeshrug:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
As soon as I saw he was a florida boy I knew he'd get the @jwonder seal of approval
98a8d9cc393c8b8222cc43734c5c456e.png

Agree with you on Brandon. Also agree on defense winning championships. I wouldn't have had a problem if we went CJ Henderson at that spot, I just think even with the loss of Buckner DL was the strongest position group on the team. I was good rolling into the season with Bosa, Armstead, DJ Jones and Ford coming off the edge, with one of Solly, Taylor or Street taking the other DT spot. Don't feel great rolling into the season with Deebo and Aiyuk as our starting WRs, but if our team philosophy is that offensive talent is relatively unimportant, why do we go WR with our second first-round pick, we should have just gone with another defensive player like McKinney or Winfield or Queen. None of our offensive starters are first round picks besides McGlinchey, and that may have been a bad pick because we passed on defensive talent like Derwin James and Minkah Fitzpatrick. If we don't need talent on offense because Shanny can manufacture it, then Aiyuk is a wasted pick too. :yeshrug:
Yeah I don't like the starting WR line up. Hurd is the best chance at a dominate receiver but who knows if he will be healthy. Unless Jennings comes Anna balloons out which is most likely not going to happen.

I think they should have got Tee Higgins at 31.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Yeah I don't like the starting WR line up. Hurd is the best chance at a dominate receiver but who knows if he will be healthy. Unless Jennings comes Anna balloons out which is most likely not going to happen.

I think they should have got Tee Higgins at 31.

Tee Higgins has incredible upside but he's basically a straight line/go route guy and Shanny likes guys with more refined route trees. He's a better for on a team a couple of years away who can take the time to actually develop him.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Hurd and Taylor are good, Man:pachaha:

Like it’s been over a year. And even so TC ain’t even till another few months if they have one.

Like people keep on questioning whether they are healthy.

At this point, if them dudes ain’t good to go by Sept/Aug. that to me isn’t an indictment on them the players it’s an indictment on our training and medical staff.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember how much Emmanuel Moseley impressed me as a true freshmen at Tennessee. He looked like he would be a stellar NFL player. Then Butch Jones started to coach him and the brotha regressed every year after that. Its why he ended up being an undrafted free agent.

By the end of his senior year I thought he had no shot at the NFL. I'm so glad he's ressurected himself into a bonafide NFL starter.

If any other coach had Tennessee's 2015 and 2016 rosters, they would have won back to back national titles. We had quality NFL players who are contributing in the league all over the field.
Was mosely a 4-5 star recruit? I’m surprised how athletic guy like him ended up undrafted. Coaching does matter

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Hurd and Taylor are good, Man:pachaha:

Like it’s been over a year. And even so TC ain’t even till another few months if they have one.

Like people keep on questioning whether they are healthy.

At this point, if them dudes ain’t good to go by Sept/Aug. that to me isn’t an indictment on them the players it’s an indictment on our training and medical staff.
Taylor ain't that good. I know ya'll think he's another Wes Walker, but he ain't. :mjlol: And the training staff has nothing to do with it. Niners like injury prone players, so this is what you get. Both of them had injuries that take forever to heal and if you rush it sets you back. Taylor done had 80 operations on that foot. He done.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Taylor ain't that good. I know ya'll think he's another Wes Walker, but he ain't. :mjlol: And the training staff has nothing to do with it. Niners like injury prone players, so this is what you get. Both of them had injuries that take forever to heal and if you rush it sets you back. Taylor done had 80 operations on that foot. He done.

No.... I wasn’t talking bout they skill set. I meant like they good to go.

Yes it takes forever to heal but luckily they also haven’t played since FOREVER and they still have more time to heal as it’s April and camps don’t get started for a few more months. If we even have any.

Also per Kyle, training staff does matter..... hence why he got rid of the training guys they had a season ago and replaced them with better people