Run The Damn Ball Kyle!!! 2020 49ers Offseason Thread.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
From what I've seen his hands are average at best and the top of his route tree needs work :unimpressed:

He can run all the routes they just need to be refined from a technical standpoint like where he stops and comes back. Cleaning up some wasted motion. That can coached up. I understand his contested catch rate isn't good but the ones he did catch he got a lot of yards and his open catch rate was more than respectable. I think Shanahan will put him im position to succeed.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
LOL. Jauan Jennings is making the team. Same with Hurd. Niners aren't exactly flushed with WRs. Hurd was a 3rd rounder. Plus Jauan can play on the outside as well. He isn't just a slot.

Niners just went from one of the worst WR corps in the NFL to one of the best with Jauan Jennings and a healthy Jalen Hurd. NFL teams will regret letting Jauan fall to the 7th round.
I'm not arguing Jauan's taken or the Niners getting an absolute STEAL in the 7th round, but you're only keeping 6 receivers. If everybody stays healthy throughout camp then I don't know who's spot he takes. I've listed the receivers below. The top 5 are definitely making the team. He's competing with the bottom 3, although there drafting of Aiyuk makes Richie James redundant.

Deebo Samuel
Brandon Aiyuk
Kendrick Bourne
Jalen Hurd
Dante Pettis

Trent Taylor
Travis Benjamin
Richie James

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I'm not arguing Jauan's taken or the Niners getting an absolute STEAL in the 7th round, but you're only keeping 6 receivers. If everybody stays healthy throughout camp then I don't know who's spot he takes. I've listed the receivers below. The top 5 are definitely making the team. He's competing with the bottom 3, although there drafting of Aiyuk makes Richie James redundant.

Deebo Samuel
Brandon Aiyuk
Kendrick Bourne
Jalen Hurd
Dante Pettis

Trent Taylor
Travis Benjamin
Richie James

I think he has a great chance in making it then. It's all on him to make plays in practice and pre season. If he "wows" the staff, he makes it. I don't think his competition is really that hard.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Every time I go to rewatch it I back out. It just pisses me off so much. So fkn close to having number 6
Never re-watched either SB loss. shyt was so aggravating. Just like I never watched the 1991 Championship game against the Giants. After all these years I still can see Craig fumbling away our three peat chances. The player that got me to like the Niners let everybody down. Felt sorry for him.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
I think he has a great chance in making it then. It's all on him to make plays in practice and pre season. If he "wows" the staff, he makes it. I don't think his competition is really that hard.
I hope he does. I been a fan of his for years. He's basically competing with Trent Taylor for a roster spot.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps

He’s pretty on point. Any flaws can be coached up. Reminds me of Deebo.

Jay-Z-so-so.gif

He's not some gimmick receiver who only runs go routes, he has some diversity to his tree, but he's no Jeudy dammit :sadbron:

That boy's releases and feet are Ochocinco nasty :noah:

Reminds me of that fellow Peyton was throwing to up in Indy :merchant:

But anyway, dudes with weak releases or route running can still eat in this offense because Shanny knows how to manufacture separation. I think Jeudy reminded Shanny of Pettis so he wasn't fukking with his game :manny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Deebo Samuel
Brandon Aiyuk
Kendrick Bourne
Jalen Hurd
Dante Pettis

Trent Taylor
Travis Benjamin
Richie James

Listen I don't care who is on the roster. Jauan is a dawg. He switched to WR at fall camp of his freshmen year and ended up beating out 5 star recruit Preston Williams (who played well for the Dolphins last year before injuring his knee). Jauan was the reason Preston ended up transferring.

Bet against Jauan Jennings at your own peril.

Last edited:

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Listen I don't care who is on the roster. Jauan is a dawg. He switched to WR at fall camp of his freshmen year and ended up beating out 5 and t.c-star recruit Preston Williams (who played well for the Dolphins last year before injuring his knee). Jauan was the reason Preston ended up transferring.

Bet against Jauan Jennings at your own peril.
I thought Preston fell out with the coach and cussed him out? Or was that another receiver?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought Preston fell out with the coach and cussed him out? Or was that another receiver?

He fell out cause he wasn't getting playing time. In 2016 (Preston's sophomore year) Tennessee had Josh Malone (another 5-star WR) in his junior year starting along with Jauan Jennings. Preston wanted more touches. Tennessee tried to placate him early on by rotating him and Jauan. However, once Jauan started to roll (i.e. the Florida game and Hail Mary versus Georgia) they just rode it out with him in 2016. Preston got almost no playing time the rest of the way, he got frusterated and then transferred.

Jauan Jennings is one of those guys who is just a force of personality. He changes locker rooms. He's the type who you love when he's on your team and absolutely hate when he's not. He'll be the leader of that WR room by the end of his rookie year. He's just one of those guys who others rally around.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dude has a point

I remember how much Emmanuel Moseley impressed me as a true freshmen at Tennessee. He looked like he would be a stellar NFL player. Then Butch Jones started to coach him and the brotha regressed every year after that. Its why he ended up being an undrafted free agent.

By the end of his senior year I thought he had no shot at the NFL. I'm so glad he's ressurected himself into a bonafide NFL starter.

If any other coach had Tennessee's 2015 and 2016 rosters, they would have won back to back national titles. We had quality NFL players who are contributing in the league all over the field.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I hope he does. I been a fan of his for years. He's basically competing with Trent Taylor for a roster spot.
I agree. I love the stories of players picked really late and turned out to be stars. I like Tom Brady's story until he turned into an arrogant cuck. If Jennings can't beat Taylor then he don't deserve to be in the NFL.

Jennings story is similar to Boldin even though he wasn't picked that late. Teams obsessing over 40 times. These scouts still don't know the difference between game speed and timed speed. :unimpressed:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Jay-Z-so-so.gif

He's not some gimmick receiver who only runs go routes, he has some diversity to his tree, but he's no Jeudy dammit :sadbron:

That boy's releases and feet are Ochocinco nasty :noah:

Reminds me of that fellow Peyton was throwing to up in Indy :merchant:

But anyway, dudes with weak releases or route running can still eat in this offense because Shanny knows how to manufacture separation. I think Jeudy reminded Shanny of Pettis so he wasn't fukking with his game :manny:

All you had to say is he's from FL and that would suffice. :lolbron:

I don't think Brandon is all that great, not first round great. I actually watched ASU a lot since Herman got there. He's basically a poor man's Deebo. Those aren't first round talent.

But I'm glad the Niners passed on Jerry. D line is more important. You say you don't see why they kept drafting one in the first round, but didn't see that resulted in a SB appearance. :francis: Offense sells tickets. Defense wins championships.