Rumor: Sony struggling to keep PS5 parts pricing down...now up to $450 per console

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
after seeing what PCs have done with GTA V mods, consoles are looking supremely limited anymore.

I'm not a PC gamer , but I'm super jealous at this point

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What if.. what if they price it too high and no one buys it because they've had enough of Sony's arrogance and Sony ends up bowing out of the console race? :merchant:

Never gonna happen, and I wouldn't want a sony nor microsoft to actual have to bow out. It would be terrible for gaming over all.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yeah but that's not going to happen because they have a great portfolio of games unlike Microsoft. Ontop of that, Microsoft doesn't have cash to bleed...Satya Nadella doesn't even fukk with XBOX like that...he'd send that whole division packing if it stopped making financial sense.
If they only have one or two PS5 exclusives, it's not crazy. If those games aren't heat, attach rate will suffer, magnifying any loss they take on the hardware. The masses could wait to get the 5 until there is a must have.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
If they only have one or two PS5 exclusives, it's not crazy. If those games aren't heat, attach rate will suffer, magnifying any loss they take on the hardware. The masses could wait to get the 5 until there is a must have.

A meteor could also hit the earth and destroy Sony Studios and all the PS5 plans.

:what:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Live in Canada brehs :huhldup:

Honestly speaking for what Sony and MS seem to be packing in these new consoles 500 seems ideal, but I've always wondered how they're gonna market it outside the US for the price. saw mother literally walk out the store once when the girl was mentioning the price for the gaming stuff her son.

This might sound outlandish, but don't be surprised if the price be the reason the PS4 reach 200 mill consoles sold worldwide.

I mean it's not like people ain't gonna still be able to eat off of Ghost of Soo Sheema and LOU2 and FF7 remake and CyberPunk :yeshrug:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Make it the same price as 4

300 or 400 :yeshrug:
That's the issue we're discussing. It appears to cost AT LEAST 450 to make. Can Sony afford to take those kinds of losses on hardware? Despite PS's success, Sony doesn't have nearly the cash reserves of Nintendo or MS.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
That's the issue we're discussing. It appears to cost AT LEAST 450 to make. Can Sony afford to take those kinds of losses on hardware? Despite PS's success, Sony doesn't have nearly the cash reserves of Nintendo or MS.

The cheaper it is the More they'll end up making in sales worldwide. It's a risk that they'll be too afraid to make though.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The cheaper it is the More they'll end up making in sales worldwide. It's a risk that they'll be too afraid to make though.
Again, that's the issue. They will lose money. If the games and accessories are exclusive, that can offset the losses, but there is no guarantee of selling enough, and, so far, it looks like there are 2 or 3 exclusive games. No word on accessories.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I love how the coli rhetoric flip flops

Sony launches expensive console:

"of course I can afford it playboi" :birdman:

Microsoft launches expensive console:

"b-b-but what about the soccer moms" :damn:

no next-gen exclusives for new Sony console:

"Sony has never abandoned their previous consoles like 'others' ":francis:

no next-gen exclusives for new Microsoft console:

"games will be held back if they're made with support for older consoles" :francis:
Console stans are some of the lamest stans on this planet and it be grown ass men.