Rumor: Sony struggling to keep PS5 parts pricing down...now up to $450 per console

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
It's gonna happen again. Tech evolves quickly. You might not notice it but within a few years there's way better hardware and that won't stop because PS5/XsX is out. I expect a PS5 Pro by 2023/24.

They still somewhat restricted by having to play the same games or alienate the fanbase.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I'd I'agibe Sony goes the same route as Msft by allowing the controllers to be backwards compatible.
You have a stroke mid post :picard:?
They're the reason why people look at video games as kiddie.
People who look at video games as kiddie are functionally retarded, and by extension, people who don't do things because kids do them are fully retarded.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Who cares? Save $100/month and you'll have $700 by the time it comes out. You can't expect top tier graphics and cheap console.

What Sony needs to do is come out with a $350 console for broke boys and a $700 console for grown men with real jobs.

Last edited:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
after seeing what PCs have done with GTA V mods, consoles are looking supremely limited anymore.

I'm not a PC gamer , but I'm super jealous at this point

To get the most out of those mods you're going to need to spend far more than $500.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I'll keep the answers short...
None of these cost that much :mjtf:
With dlc it does.
Her said service(s) so yes
And the elite controller cost even more than what he said...
Watch Sony drop at $400.00 and blow the doors off the XBOX Series X.
They must have a way to optimize 9tf to look better than 12tf :francis:
Sony coming in at 499.99, they will still sell a lot as long as the games are there. Xbox will move units too probably but is locking down cloud gaming as Azure is becoming a big revenue stream for them.
Becoming is kind of an understatement since the Microsoft cloud takes it over 10 billion in profits every 3 months (not revenue)
i think they still need to try to hit $450
I agree but $400 is where they need to land at to have a chance. Too expensive and people start to weigh their options
Sony is one bad Playstation decision away from serious financial problems.
Which most on this forum will deny. Most are unaware how the ps3 was on the verge of joining the dreamcast as early exits. Mgs4 hype and system sales from that hype literally saved Sony.
Yeah but that's not going to happen because they have a great portfolio of games unlike Microsoft. Ontop of that, Microsoft doesn't have cash to bleed...Satya Nadella doesn't even fukk with XBOX like that...he'd send that whole division packing if it stopped making financial sense.
:stopitslime::picard::scust::gucci::dwillhuh::comeon::mjtf::patrice::martin::what::beli::wtb::upsetfavre::snoop::ufdup::childplease::sitdown::whoa::dahell::aicmon::wtf::mindblown::rudy::camby::umad::duck:
you gotta pay the cost to be the boss.

with the upgrades in graphics and console's becoming a media device at this point it's not crazy at all to charge $500. i think a price tag of $500 will go over fine with fans. there will be outrage at first because console gamers are typically cheap but they'll eventually give in if you drop fire games.
Gamepass :banderas:
The cheaper it is the More they'll end up making in sales worldwide. It's a risk that they'll be too afraid to make though.
It's literally the strategy they used for the ps4 tho. They would have gone bankrupt if the ps4 failed. Google will explain...
I just hope they don't repeat this mid cycle refresh nonsense.
The series x must not be a series then.
That's NPD sales and not world wide sales you dumbass
Dumb people yell and repeat fanboy facts. Could you show me this truth because i couldn't find it. You the type to ignore they grouped sales so you'd push narratives you can't prove...
They still somewhat restricted by having to play the same games or alienate the fanbase.
On pc games are scalable, now they are on consoles. You are speaking lies basically sir
Facts! It's 2020 and we really have grown adults STILL arguing Playstation and XBox.
:unimpressed:
Do you post on forums with children
They're the reason why people look at video games as kiddie.
No, gaming is for children. Sorry to break this to you but life is short. Kids feel they have forever, you don't. Adults have kids and don't have time to waste. Eventually you'll evaluate your life and you'll have goals to better yourself. Video games won't be on your to do list.

This last line applies to everyone here...

How many hours have you spent playing video games this week? This month? This year?
Imagine if you spent that time on something that benefits you or your family? The hours add up, as a society we could have ended homelessness with the amount of money used on gaming. Also these new systems are leaving carbon footprints that will affect your children's quality of life. Not even joking.
Next-Gen PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Fight Climate Change With New Features - Geek.com
But this type of shyt isn't popular to talk about so I'll just exit stage left...

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS

With dlc it does.

Becoming is kind of an understatement since the Microsoft cloud takes it over 10 billion in profits every 3 months (not revenue)

I agree but $400 is where they need to land at to have a chance. Too expensive and people start to weigh their options

Which most on this forum will deny. Most are unaware how the ps3 was on the verge of joining the dreamcast as early exits. Mgs4 hype and system sales from that hype literally saved Sony.

:stopitslime::picard::scust::gucci::dwillhuh::comeon::mjtf::patrice::martin::what::beli::wtb::upsetfavre::snoop::ufdup::childplease::sitdown::whoa::dahell::aicmon::wtf::mindblown::rudy::camby::umad::duck:

It's literally three strategy they used for the ps4 tho. They would have gone bankrupt if the ps4 failed. Google will explain...

Dumb people yell and repeat fanboy facts. Could you show me this truth because i couldn't find it. You the type to ignore they grouped sales so you'd push narratives you can't prove...

On pc games are scalable, now they are on consoles. You are speaking lies basically sir

No, gaming is for children. Sorry to break this to you but life is short. Kids feel they have forever, you don't. Adults have kids and don't have time to waste. Eventually you'll evaluate your life and you'll have goals to better yourself. Video games won't be on your to do list.

How many hours have you spent playing video games this week? This month? This year?
Imagine if you spent that time on something that benefits you or your family? The hours add up, as a society we could have ended homelessness with the amount of money used on gaming. Also these new systems are leaving carbon footprints that will affect your children's quality of life. Not even joking.
Next-Gen PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Fight Climate Change With New Features - Geek.com
But this type of shyt isn't popular to talk about so I'll just exit stage left...
giphy.gif

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

With dlc it does.

It's literally the strategy they used for the ps4 tho. They would have gone bankrupt if the ps4 failed. Google will explain...

giphy.gif

:snoop: