Rumor: HBO Max may be folding into Discovery+

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
shyt like the JJ deal is probably why cuts like this is happening. CEO probably looking at WB paying JJ 200M with nothing to show for it, then looking at what he did with all the reality stuff that costs a fraction of that and is delivering 20 fold for Discovery.
That’s two different things.

On one hand there’s a pandemic which messed up everything right after the deal was struck.

On the second, he’s tying claim to characters WB could have gotten Del Toro Lin or Reeves or anyone else to make within a good cost. It’s not a choice between scripted or unscripted.

Plus his deal was for more than DC and he hasn’t made anything.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I don't use discovery plus and I don't care for reality tv programming
HBO brand is about prestige television and HBO Max carries that brand on
They get rid of HBO its done for me

Discovery as a brand is the cheap middle america basic tv label it makes zero sense to go and double down on that

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
shyt like the JJ deal is probably why cuts like this is happening. CEO probably looking at WB paying JJ 200M with nothing to show for it, then looking at what he did with all the reality stuff that costs a fraction of that and is delivering 20 fold for Discovery.
Apparently the CEO of discovery is not a Hollywood guy. He is a cost cutting/profit guy.

Apparently the CEO of discovery is not a Hollywood guy. He is a cost cutting/profit guy.
Wouldn’t be surprised if the entirety of the original programming on Discovery+ cost less than what they were paying JJ.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Seems they realized how expensive providing scripted shows around the clock non stop is and making a business move :heh:

Not like HBOmax had a ton of dope originals anyway :manny:
I’ve been telling people that for the longest time now, but no one was listening. You can’t pad those streaming services with filler to fill content like you used to with cable.