Rumor: HBO Max may be folding into Discovery+

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I feel like if we have a "streaming wars" documentary 10 years from now, this is the type of idiotic move that would get significant coverage in it. Nobody thought HBO Max would topple Netflix this quickly yet they did. Their goal should be continuing to strengthen the brand. Hit people with House Of The Dragon next month, do crazy numbers, and then expand. More shows, hitting more demographics. Revive the concept of "prestige HBO television," bring in more content creators for films, etc.
Toppled them how? The king is still the king:gucci:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
On this part, that movie getting greenlit was on the old regime, not the Discovery ppl. It can be seen as cutting costs because now you dont have to waste more money on marketing and post production of the movie. :manny:
Post production is almost over. That’s why it was only 90 million.

Marketing doesn’t mean wasting 100 million. Just put it on your already working app if you don’t care. There’s a bunch of stuff on there without marketing most people wouldn’t find.

This is just the executive of a company making unscripted shows cheap seeing no value in scripted shows. So he’s going to bend the company to his will no matter how stupid it is.

You got multiple award winner Michael Keaton playing a role that made him famous and are like….nah. Scrap it.

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Can’t lie… and thought I’d never say this shyt but, Showtime is killin HBO Max…and it ain’t close…HBO spends too much time trying to be the “sophisticated” streaming platform for film instead of just entertaining….. should have kept those Amazon subscribers…shoulda humbled themselves

BwYB5Th.jpg

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
fukk up what? It’s going to be the same shyt just under a different umbrella.
Na, they may be getting rid of all the scripted shows, which includes max originals like Peacemaker.
The new CEO from Discovery wants more unscripted/reality shyt. HBO stuff like House of Dragon is safe because that is HBO stuff. HBO Max had shows that didnt air on HBO.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
who TF would do this!? wtf does discovery offer, real shyt? i just know them for naked and afraid...discovery isn't the stronger brand, isn't the better content, and it's crazy that just as max originals were really starting to cook that anyone would propose cutting them for more fukking reality TV. they do this, please offer an HBO only sub, fukk that

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
how the hell is Discovery a bigger company than WB and HBO anyway?
Apparently under discovery is a bunch of channels, HGTV, cooking shyt, ID. All those reality tv shows are cheap as hell to make and ppl love them which equals bank for ad revenue?

It is crazy to think that Warner Bros isnt it's own thing like Marvel or w/e. They getting passed around like a thot.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This is one of the stupidest moves in recent history and might lead to a massive failure of the studio.

On the low Disney might have a chance to buy them level of failure.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
who TF would do this!? wtf does discovery offer, real shyt? i just know them for naked and afraid...discovery isn't the stronger brand, isn't the better content, and it's crazy that just as max originals were really starting to cook that anyone would propose cutting them for more fukking reality TV. they do this, please offer an HBO only sub, fukk that
What Max originals were cooking? Seemed all the fire stuff was HBO and they aren't changing anything in that regard.
Yeah, you can still get just HBO the old fashion way via your cable subscription.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Apparently under discovery is a bunch of channels, HGTV, cooking shyt, ID. All those reality tv shows are cheap as hell to make and ppl love them which equals bank for ad revenue?

It is crazy to think that Warner Bros isnt it's own thing like Marvel or w/e. They getting passed around like a thot.
i still feel like it;s hard to believe. like i can believe the Discovery umbrella might be more lucrative, but i wouldn't expect it to be "fukk you, we're buying you" lucrative. i thought the same thing at the time of the merger. everything is stupid.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Na, they may be getting rid of all the scripted shows, which includes max originals like Peacemaker.
The new CEO from Discovery wants more unscripted/reality shyt. HBO stuff like House of Dragon is safe because that is HBO stuff. HBO Max had shows that didnt air on HBO.
it might not mean anything but James gunn says peacemaker is fine