Rumor: HBO Max may be folding into Discovery+

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
This is a mess all around but then again look at their rollout when the service first started. Wasn't on the FireStick, people were confused cause HBONow was still around, AT&T confusion with getting it free or not, the app was glitchy asf, and now merging Discovery? They're still making content which is good but they haven't been right as a company for years
He sees it

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
full

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Come at the king u best not miss bytch lol

I fux with discovery

discovery got the id channel. That’s my most watched channel

fear thy neighbor is goated:banderas:
Discovery ID is must see tv

See no evil

Evil lives Here

The perfect murder

Diabolical

Wives with Knaves

Till death do us part

Shows just how fukked up people are.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
So with CW being sold and then stopping all scripted shows and TBS and TNT doing the same, you mean to tell me Warnermedia will only produce stuff for HBO ?

:francis:

Guess we'll have the movies and animated shyt

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
So with CW being sold and then stopping all scripted shows and TBS and TNT doing the same, you mean to tell me Warnermedia will only produce stuff for HBO ?

:francis:

Guess we'll have the movies and animated shyt
Snowpiercer season 4 is being filmed now but Discovery already took that off hbo max, it's on demand with the cable company

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
pulling this right as House of Dragons premieres when people will want more content to justify paying for HBOMAX and not pirating after season 8 fiasco.

Anyone can be a CEO
Hasn't been renewed yet either. The plan was to renew after what everyone assumes will be a successful first episode premier. But now with all this uncertainty who knows what happens. The show is expensive too. Not nearly as expensive as Amazon's LOTR but still.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Why subscribe to the service if they cutting out scripted shows? That’s the main reason to subscribe to that channel at this point.

There will still be scripted shows but unscripted shows generate way more money and are cheaper to produce. They wouldn't have brought Alan Horn back if they didn't have some sort of scripted plan in motion. DC also has way too much potential. They're going to put emphasis on putting out bangers though. I would not be surprised if they do fold HBO Max into Discovery +, there will be DC section as its own brand, with it's own head, and they will be doing their own thing. Just like HGTV and Food Network do their own thing.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
There will still be scripted shows but unscripted shows generate way more money and are cheaper to produce. They wouldn't have brought Alan Horn back if they didn't have some sort of scripted plan in motion. DC also has way too much potential. They're going to put emphasis on putting out bangers though. I would not be surprised if they do fold HBO Max into Discovery +, there will be DC section as its own brand, with it's own head, and they will be doing their own thing. Just like HGTV and Food Network do their own thing.
Which is exactly what cable is/was.