EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What Max originals were cooking? Seemed all the fire stuff was HBO and they aren't changing anything in that regard.
Yeah, you can still get just HBO the old fashion way via your cable subscription.
Hacks
They got gossip girl and pretty little liars for the teens
Michael Che Show
Sex Lives of College Girls seemed to have a niche
and Rapshyt gonna cook just based on the Issa association and bringing the ratchetness of social media and reality tv into a scripted show
Ten year old tom (animated show) was also funny AF but I aint gonna act like it was doing numbers

Max was doing a good job at creating popular niches while HBO provided the universal hits that keep people subscribed

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Peacemaker was good and I think the Penguin spinoff from The Batman was gonna be a Max Original as well.
List of Max Originals:
The DC stuff is going to be interesting. Seems they got definite alternative plans to what was already cooking. Barely announcing anything at SDCC and scrapping Batgirl altogether without even a minimal release is a wild move. It looks like dude is about to do a hard reset.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
Na, they may be getting rid of all the scripted shows, which includes max originals like Peacemaker.
The new CEO from Discovery wants more unscripted/reality shyt. HBO stuff like House of Dragon is safe because that is HBO stuff. HBO Max had shows that didnt air on HBO.
I’d have a hard time believing that portion of this though.

I get that Discovery has more of a real-life focus but they’re not going to change their strategy that far.

I worked for AT&T when they purchased HBO and even then they didn’t go ahead and change too much except how the money was being spent.

If that is true though, they’re all fukking stupid.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Hacks
They got gossip girl and pretty little liars for the teens
Michael Che Show
Sex Lives of College Girls seemed to have a niche
and Rapshyt gonna cook just based on the Issa association and bringing the ratchetness of social media and reality tv into a scripted show
Ten year old tom (animated show) was also funny AF but I aint gonna act like it was doing numbers

Max was doing a good job at creating popular niches while HBO provided the universal hits that keep people subscribed
I bet half of that or a bit less gets moved to the HBO banner and the rest gets scrapped.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Apparently under discovery is a bunch of channels, HGTV, cooking shyt, ID. All those reality tv shows are cheap as hell to make and ppl love them which equals bank for ad revenue?

It is crazy to think that Warner Bros isnt it's own thing like Marvel or w/e. They getting passed around like a thot.

That's not its own company either. Disney owns all that sh-t

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
HBO Max is the only streaming service I consistently use and it goes without saying that this is an idiotic move but the more I think about it, how many great Max originals are there? Most of the programming that I do enjoy are from HBO proper. Hacks, Station Eleven, and Love Life are probably the only Max shows I’ve enjoyed. They were truly excellent shows, though.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
So at first they were mad JJ not producing stuff for DC with his deal for HBOMAX( valid)and now they not making HBOmax?

They are all over the place. Did that Green Lantern show ever start filming?

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
This is a mess all around but then again look at their rollout when the service first started. Wasn't on the FireStick, people were confused cause HBONow was still around, AT&T confusion with getting it free or not, the app was glitchy asf, and now merging Discovery? They're still making content which is good but they haven't been right as a company for years

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
So at first they were mad JJ not producing stuff for DC with his deal for HBOMAX( valid)and now they not making HBOmax?

They are all over the place. Did that Green Lantern show ever start filming?
shyt like the JJ deal is probably why cuts like this is happening. CEO probably looking at WB paying JJ 200M with nothing to show for it, then looking at what he did with all the reality stuff that costs a fraction of that and is delivering 20 fold for Discovery.

Apparently the CEO of discovery is not a Hollywood guy. He is a cost cutting/profit guy.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This is a mess all around but then again look at their rollout when the service first started. Wasn't on the FireStick, people were confused cause HBONow was still around, AT&T confusion with getting it free or not, the app was glitchy asf, and now merging Discovery? They're still making content which is good but they haven't been right as a company for years
I remember 4K HDR being a part of their roadmap upon launch and we’re just now getting our first ever show in the format two years later. They’re behind as hell.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'm so tired of listing discovery channels.

Discovery
Food network.
Tlc.
HGTV.
Travel channel.
Id channel.
Own.
Animal planets.
Sci channel
this makes me relize how WOAT this is

HGTV is 97 renovation shows that all do the same thing, just with a different host and house hunters
Food Network is the Guy Fieri network, you either getting GGG or DD&D :dead:
Animal Planet dont even put out piff anymore, you'll find better animal documentaries on netflix
TLC got 600, 600 pound life shows :flabbynsick:
Own holds down content for southern black Gen X and Baby Boomers tho :ehh: :russ:

the audacity to roll Max into this bullshyt :no:

Last edited: