Rumor: HBO Max may be folding into Discovery+

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I hope George RR Martin understands all those spin off shows in development are about to get shytcanned. HOTD will be fine but everything else...ehhh good luck.
I mean he said as much years ago when the shows were first announced to be in development. He was a TV guy before he was a famous author.

There are four live-action successor shows in development at HBO. Word got out about three of them some time ago. TEN THOUSAND SHIPS, the Nymeria show, helmed by Amanda Segel. SEA SNAKE, aka NINE VOYAGES, with Bruno Heller. And the Dunk & Egg show, THE HEDGE KNIGHT or KNIGHT OF THE SEVEN KINGDOMS, with Steve Conrad writing. I think some of these were officially announced; in other cases, news leaked out. (These things always seem to leak. There are so many people involved, writers, producers, agents, and everyone has assistants, and there is always the guy who runs the xerox machine, and reporters have sources, and people gossip, so… ) SNOW has been in development almost as long as the other three, but for whatever reason it was never announced and it never leaked… until now....

All four of these successor shows are still in the script stage. Outlines and treatments have been written and approved, scripts have been written, notes have been given, second and third drafts have been written. So far, that’s all. This is the way television works. Please note: nothing has been green lit yet, and there is no guarantee when or if it will be… on any of these shows. The likelihood of all four series getting on the air… well, I’d love it, but that’s not the way it works, usually.

Worth noting that the two that did make it out (HotD and Dunk and Egg) were his original two top choices for successor shows.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Damn not a good sign at all, they fact they splitting the company shows that their fukking streaming side ain't doing well.

HBO max was better without their bullshyt involved. I hope Netflix buys them out and tbh I preferred when netflix was the main attraction so to speak.