Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Come at the king u best not miss bytch lol

I fux with discovery

discovery got the id channel. That’s my most watched channel

fear thy neighbor is goated:banderas:
:mjtf: again idgaf about any streaming service I got access to everything thats out for 3 dollars a month. And been eating good of Kodi ( xbmc) since 2004 :flabbynsick:

I can make my own "tvstations" with my own or ripped from dvd/bluray content or downloaded or with content online with a tv guide and everything.

That feels like cable for real except no commercials. Again its not simple to set up but is not that difficult there are guides for the shyt all over the internet.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Discovery has been fukking up since day one.

We laughed when they shut down CNN+ after only a month, but their plans for the main CNN channel are straight :trash:.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Life was so good in 2010-2012 man.

Social media wasnt as popular as it was now. Smart phones were just becoming popular so people just used them for a few extra features to assist with daily life like GPS, emails, etc.
Housing market was almost fair and apartments were affordable
nightlife was still general admission favored over VIP/bottle service like it is now
Crime was incredibly lower
and the cherry on top

It was only Netflix with Hulu trying to break in the scene, as far as streaming services went. Music wise you had Pandora or Spotify.

How did we fukk this world up so much :why:
This is the pimped out fiend generation that love payin for extra shyt ohh its supports the artist they getting hoed out too by the corporations they give em like 3 cents out of a Dollar. When i like a show /movie/music I buy the Media in its highest quality if its available (even if I downloaded the ripsonline) and rip it to my home server got gigs and gigs and gigs of shyt you never know when the internet could go out because of a storm or whatever and then you don't have shyt to watch. People are becoming fiends for these apps and when the service goes down people loose their GD minds.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Except when all of your competition is making their own scripted shows for their own services, what does that leave you.

HBO is a niche demo. Mostly adults.

You aren’t getting teens and young adults with Love Island and Succession

Don't need teens. They aint buying individual accounts. And young adults will ride in on shared accounts to catch the Game of Thrones type shyt.

But everything the new CEO has done has been bout cutting cost. If you have HBO and you spending a grip on all of those productions why waste a ton of money on constantly producing mid ass shows for a platform that mainly is subsidized by HBO content besides a few shows.
Im sure they crunched the numbers and saw that the sopranos and the wire probably getting more views than anything else :pachaha:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Life was so good in 2010-2012 man.

Social media wasnt as popular as it was now. Smart phones were just becoming popular so people just used them for a few extra features to assist with daily life like GPS, emails, etc.
Housing market was almost fair and apartments were affordable
nightlife was still general admission favored over VIP/bottle service like it is now
Crime was incredibly lower
and the cherry on top

It was only Netflix with Hulu trying to break in the scene, as far as streaming services went. Music wise you had Pandora or Spotify.

How did we fukk this world up so much :why:

Obama!

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Don't need teens. They aint buying individual accounts. And young adults will ride in on shared accounts to catch the Game of Thrones type shyt.

But everything the new CEO has done has been bout cutting cost. If you have HBO and you spending a grip on all of those productions why waste a ton of money on constantly producing mid ass shows for a platform that mainly is subsidized by HBO content besides a few shows.
Im sure they crunched the numbers and saw that the sopranos and the wire probably getting more views than anything else :pachaha:
Your service is one year old all your programming is new. Teens and kids are why parents keep services.

Cutting cost isn’t cancelling a completed movie. It’s not putting it into production in the first place.

HBO is goat cause they put out select material. WB is a studio with more demos to cater to.

So they going scrap Green Lantern? Give other studios your DC slate to make billions off?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yo, I just watched the video of Grace addressing this.
The president of the New Warner Discovery company AT&T created is David Zaslav. He was the president of Discovery prior so he is not a Hollywood guy.
He is constructing all the movie and especially DC shyt to a specific vision. So all you who want the DC stuff wiped off the map and started fresh, that's exactly what he is doing it looks like. More will be revealed on Thursday, they having an earnings meeting.
Also, @daemonova all HBOMAX numbers of subs reported to date are combined HBOMAX and HBO subs. They have never released their strictly streaming subs. Wow, that's probably evidence HBO has the lion share of the 80 million subs they report. It's possible Discovery + had more subs (25 million currently) than HBOMAX, that's why they are so willing to scrap it. Is there come up cosmetic my G?!

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Cutting cost isn’t cancelling a completed movie. It’s not putting it into production in the first place.
On this part, that movie getting greenlit was on the old regime, not the Discovery ppl. It can be seen as cutting costs because now you dont have to waste more money on marketing and post production of the movie. :manny:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Can’t lie… and thought I’d never say this shyt but, Showtime is killin HBO Max…and it ain’t close…HBO spends too much time trying to be the “sophisticated” streaming platform for film instead of just entertaining….. should have kept those Amazon subscribers…shoulda humbled themselves

Fucc you they are :mjlol: Showtime other than Yellowjackets is a HBO wannabe. Showtime the type of streamer that a Chinese store would sell you when you ask for HBO

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star

pouring-one-out-crying.gif

Discovery Execs fukking up shyt :patrice:
Max is how I watch all my hbo shows. No way they do this with House of Dragons right around the corner?

fukk up what? It’s going to be the same shyt just under a different umbrella.