Rumor: HBO Max may be folding into Discovery+

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Come on, this is not added value to HBOMax. This is kinda straight forward low brow shyt Compared to the HBOMax programming/audience. This isn't a good match, you are like forcing 2 people who don't like each other to hang out. lol
Other than Paramount Plus, HBO max and discovery plus been the most consistent of streaming services providing high quality entertaining content for the past two years.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I forgot to add that they canceled

Raised By Wolves due to this situation A very good sci-fi series If i didn't get it for free would have cancelled. Still mad about that :aicmon: and they axing movies left and right so HBO max might really be in peril. Shiiiet right now with House of the dragon bout to come out if they do this they pourin jelly on themselves
Come at the king u best not miss bytch lol

I fux with discovery

discovery got the id channel. That’s my most watched channel

fear thy neighbor is goated:banderas:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Can’t lie… and thought I’d never say this shyt but, Showtime is killin HBO Max…and it ain’t close…HBO spends too much time trying to be the “sophisticated” streaming platform for film instead of just entertaining….. should have kept those Amazon subscribers…shoulda humbled themselves

daemonova

Daps
OK, what's your favorite Discovery + shows the last 2 years? What am I missing out on?
I don't watch Id channel but you know you've heard of it.
If I was putting to ratio, I'd say it was 60% food network, 30% HGTV, 10% discovery/other.
guy fieri, Bobby flay, property brothers, windy City rehab, naked and afraid, street outlaw

daemonova

Daps
Can’t lie… and thought I’d never say this shyt but, Showtime is killin HBO Max…and it ain’t close…HBO spends too much time trying to be the “sophisticated” streaming platform for film instead of just entertaining….. should have kept those Amazon subscribers…shoulda humbled themselves
HBO had 10 hit shows this year, showtime has I love that for you and billions. HBO has more movies even with it's movie reduction.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This idea that HBO Max has no content just makes me think that people either don't actually have an HBO Max sub or they never leave their home screen.
There is a ton of shyt on that service.
I have it, it is my favorite streamer but I watch more HBo stuff than anything else on there. I could see from a business perspective that only the HBO stuff is worth it. Like their most watched shyt is HBO not Max original or other. They are keeping HBO as is. Producing scripted shyt is expensive.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Life was so good in 2010-2012 man.

Social media wasnt as popular as it was now. Smart phones were just becoming popular so people just used them for a few extra features to assist with daily life like GPS, emails, etc.
Housing market was almost fair and apartments were affordable
nightlife was still general admission favored over VIP/bottle service like it is now
Crime was incredibly lower
and the cherry on top

It was only Netflix with Hulu trying to break in the scene, as far as streaming services went. Music wise you had Pandora or Spotify.

How did we fukk this world up so much :why: