Rumor: HBO Max may be folding into Discovery+

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I just thought about why and it makes sense that they're doing it business wise
there's a lot of offers that people have with HBO max Att&t subscribers get it for free
if they do this they get out of the agreement
still doesn't make sense for a brand standpoint though

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I feel like if we have a "streaming wars" documentary 10 years from now, this is the type of idiotic move that would get significant coverage in it. Nobody thought HBO Max would topple Netflix this quickly yet they did. Their goal should be continuing to strengthen the brand. Hit people with House Of The Dragon next month, do crazy numbers, and then expand. More shows, hitting more demographics. Revive the concept of "prestige HBO television," bring in more content creators for films, etc.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I feel like if we have a "streaming wars" documentary 10 years from now, this is the type of idiotic move that would get significant coverage in it. Nobody thought HBO Max would topple Netflix this quickly yet they did. Their goal should be continuing to strengthen the brand. Hit people with House Of The Dragon next month, do crazy numbers, and then expand. More shows, hitting more demographics. Revive the concept of "prestige HBO television," bring in more content creators for films, etc.
but they didn't

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Youtube TV tried to get me to activate Discovery + for free last year when I subscribed and I never activated it :mjlol:
In the midst of all the HBO Max > Netflix hysteria, ATT gave up on it after a year and Discovery might kill it after buying it less than 6 months ago:pachaha:
They realized that OG HBO has been propping up HBO Max. I bet the stats say nobody really be watching the original HBO Max programming.
AT&T looking like the ultimate saboteur right now. Spent $150 billion to be in the content game only to backpedal when shyt got real. Dropped the toy like Andy in Toy Story 2 and said “I don’t want to play with you anymore”. :snoop:

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Debrid gang don't got these kinds of problems we :eat: good no matter what streaming app it comes out on. These streaming shyt is turning more expensive than cable. And you got these exploitative apps like AMC+ that don't even let you watch past episodes of the current season that is out right now (for example Better call Saul its on the 11th episode of season 6 and you cant go back to watch the first episode of season 6) all to force you to buy the season. Or not to be able to watch it while on a trial.

3 dollars I get everything. And before anybody comes in saying broke this broke that. I have HBO Max and (Hulu D+, espn+) for free via different promotions one via the internet service(cable company) the other via work discounts. And I still use debrid more often.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Seems they realized how expensive providing scripted shows around the clock non stop is and making a business move :heh:

Not like HBOmax had a ton of dope originals anyway :manny:
Except when all of your competition is making their own scripted shows for their own services, what does that leave you.

HBO is a niche demo. Mostly adults.

You aren’t getting teens and young adults with Love Island and Succession