Rumor: HBO Max may be folding into Discovery+

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
Did you not listen to the conference call? They literally said they merging shyt into one streaming platform. Anytime someone has said anything about Max as far as streaming, they were talkin about the App and access to content.

So yes Max the streaming service, will be gone by summer 2023.
Yes Max is different from HBO, we know that. Which is why we said stuff like House of Dragon is safe.
We've seen countless shows and movies with the "Max" branding removed from Max or cancelled altogether.

Yup they combining HBO Max and Discovery+ into one service

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Movie theaters were cannibalizing each other’s releases.

I know Covid has taken a couple of years but let’s not forget how summer time had gone from the first of May all the way back to March.
That's a different argument tho. Zaslav is saying I'm not goin to make a movie for streaming when I can make it, and have WB run it in theaters, eat off that money. Then eat off the VOD(Rent to watch) and all that stuff

vs

100M to put Batgirl on your streaming service.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Did you not listen to the conference call? They literally said they merging shyt into one streaming platform. Anytime someone has said anything about Max as far as streaming, they were talkin about the App and access to content.

So yes Max the streaming service, will be gone by summer 2023.
Yes Max is different from HBO, we know that. Which is why we said stuff like House of Dragon is safe.
We've seen countless shows and movies with the "Max" branding removed from Max or cancelled altogether.

No one gives a damn about Max as a production company. Everyone associates Max as the app. I dont know what point you are trying to make.
HBO Max the app without HBO Max the production company is just linear HBO content. THey just putting the content into a different app.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Again.........you are focusing on the wrong thing. idk what point you are trying to make.
Again, you are failing to see the big picture. All they are doing is putting the content in a different app.

This would be like saying Walmart is buying Netflix and is going to rebrand it as Walmartflix. Motherfukker it's the same damn content jsut with a different name. You bytching about having to use a different app now.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Again, you are failing to see the big picture. All they are doing is putting the content in a different app.

This would be like saying Walmart is buying Netflix and is going to rebrand it as Walmartflix. Motherfukker it's the same damn content jsut with a different name. You bytching about having to use a different app now.
No, you failing to comprehend shyt. With a dumbass take of "HBO Max is a production" no shyt nikka, we been discussed that pages ago.
Obviously it's not the same content, if they already been cutting shyt. Putting you on ignore because you just seem to want to go in circles on the topic for no reason.
Ok.....so for shows like Peacemaker, Penguin and stuff, it may be safe and moved to regular HBO. With their teams writers going along as well. I'd imagine that means Peacemaker would show on the HBO channel as well from now on.

As long as all this means I can watch HBO stuff like House of the Dragon w/o a cable sub........I may fukk with the new app, w/e it is :manny:
Just to further prove you wrong on the "same content, just new app"
All six of the films were labeled as “Max Originals.” The removals were noted by users on Reddit in a discussion of the Warner Bros. decision to nix plans to release “Batgirl” — in theaters, on HBO Max or via any other platform.

Meanwhile, the reboot of comedy classic “House Party,” from LeBron James and Maverick Carter’s SpringHill, was previously slated to premiere July 28 on HBO Max but was scrubbed from the release calendar. Also, users on social media noticed that HBO original series “Vinyl,” which aired for one season on 2016, is no longer available on HBO Max, nor are limited series “Mrs. Fletcher,” Lena Dunham’s “Camping” or comedy-thriller “Run” starring Merritt Wever and Domhnall Gleeson.
Read up on stuff or dont respond in a know it all a$$hole manner, when you are wrong.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
This is from the earnings call

They already cut stuff like the little ellen animated show. I'm assuming it was ellen degeneres?
I imagine stuff like Harley Quinn may be out.
Then you got stuff like Doom Patrol/Titans etc.

they better not fukk with Primal :sadcam:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's crazy how the perception of the Discovery brand has changed over the years, including by the people actually running it.

In the 90s and 2000s, Discovery was known for educational content, beautiful documentaries like Planet Earth, and popular science shows like Mythbusters and Through the Wormhole.

Now it's known for cheap, trashy reality TV. shyt is basically E or Bravo status. :francis: