Rumor: HBO Max may be folding into Discovery+

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is from the earnings call

They already cut stuff like the little ellen animated show. I'm assuming it was ellen degeneres?
I imagine stuff like Harley Quinn may be out.
Then you got stuff like Doom Patrol/Titans etc.

I mean... They still have Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Sesame Street and Looney Tunes. Content from these isn't being cut right? I'd say they have enough from existing entities to cover animation. Plus it kind of makes sense to cut HBO Max exclusive animation efforts because you're not going to beat Disney in that area in terms of original content.

But in terms of existing stuff from those other establish networks that roll into HBO Max, they should be good.

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Max is being killed, they just working on the frameworks of the new streaming service.
Max content is being gutted. Just because they didnt go over what shows are will and wont make it, doesnt mean they are safe. For example it seems w/e the had in the piple movie (exclusively)wise is done.
Did you not read what they are saying at their own earnings call today? They said they are not doing what you put in your post.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I imagine shyt like Peacemaker, Penguin spinoff and other spinoff of successful ips will be ok. It's the "not up to par" stuff that will be cut.
Zaslov said on the call "We want quality content, not just to have a lot of content."

Also it's obvious he wont be spending more on Max stuff............because that service is dead next year in the summer, So why would he put more money into it?
Also they are cutting scripted shows as a whole on the Warner side of things:

HBO Max will be no different.
HBO Max is also a production division within HBO. The app is just named the same thing.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Still copying marvel. They'll still fail doing that. They gotta carve their own path their own way.

I like the different "universes". Allows a lot of creativity and stories with the characters without having to pigeonhole. shyt, they do this already in the fukkin comics and CW shows :why:

I don't mind the one universe for one group of stories interconnected, but leave open the other universes as well for freedom.

As long as it's good, no one will care. Ain't like all the MCU films and shows are great.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Did you not read what they are saying at their own earnings call today? They said they are not doing what you put in your post.
Did you not listen to the conference call? They literally said they merging shyt into one streaming platform. Anytime someone has said anything about Max as far as streaming, they were talkin about the App and access to content.

So yes Max the streaming service, will be gone by summer 2023.
Yes Max is different from HBO, we know that. Which is why we said stuff like House of Dragon is safe.
We've seen countless shows and movies with the "Max" branding removed from Max or cancelled altogether.

HBO Max is also a production division within HBO. The app is just named the same thing.
No one gives a damn about Max as a production company. Everyone associates Max as the app. I dont know what point you are trying to make.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Not gonna lie, when Zaslav was talking at the start of the call. A lot of shyt he said made sense business wise. Why are you spending 100M on the straight to streaming movie? Why are you even making movies for streaming only when you have a movie theatre arm. You not Netflix :manny:
Movie theaters were cannibalizing each other’s releases.

I know Covid has taken a couple of years but let’s not forget how summer time had gone from the first of May all the way back to March.