Rumor: HBO Max may be folding into Discovery+

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
To further your point, Amazon already beat out other networks for the rights to stream thursday night games. I remember seeing it for prime or something.

fake edit: here it is
There's a huge fukking difference between paying for TNF and the playoffs and Super Bowl though, which is where the real money lies

Which is what I'm waiting for with the new NBA deal, for one of these streaming services to go all in and get the broadcasting rights exclusive, specifically for the playoffs and Finals.
That new NBA deal is gonna be fukking enormous

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
To further your point, Amazon already beat out other networks for the rights to stream thursday night games. I remember seeing it for prime or something.

fake edit: here it is
You mean the same TNF that other networks didn’t really want at the NFL’s asking price, which is how Amazon outbid them?

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Zaslav seemed adamant today when it came to letting folks know how valuable HBO Max is as a brand. I had the impression that he doesn’t want to butcher it, but expand it. Surely he can backtrack those words within a year and it’ll be a mass hysteria again, but I guess we’ll find out soon.
This is from the earnings call

They already cut stuff like the little ellen animated show. I'm assuming it was ellen degeneres?
I imagine stuff like Harley Quinn may be out.
Then you got stuff like Doom Patrol/Titans etc.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This is from the earnings call

They already cut stuff like the little ellen animated show. I'm assuming it was ellen degeneres?
I imagine stuff like Harley Quinn may be out.
Then you got stuff like Doom Patrol/Titans etc.

Then you got statements like this

Not “relieved”, or even upset over today’s call. Just in wait and see mode for now.:hubie:

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
So some of the content that was removed from HBOmax is going to put back under the Warner Bros Discovery streaming service?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I'm confused now. I might actually have to read the earnings transcript :patrice:
Yeah, the news about the kid content cuts were concerning but then I heard things like Zaslov locking up Casey Bloys and his team that have me feeling a bit hopeful, yet conflicted overall.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This is what I heard when Zaslav starting praising HBO Max. He kept mention Casey but he's OG HBO and he's taking over HBO Max. At the beginning they pretty much trashed the app and said Disco + was coming to fix it.

Grace having a meltdown cause she exaggerated sh-t :russell:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I'm confused now. I might actually have to read the earnings transcript :patrice:
I imagine shyt like Peacemaker, Penguin spinoff and other spinoff of successful ips will be ok. It's the "not up to par" stuff that will be cut.
Zaslov said on the call "We want quality content, not just to have a lot of content."

Also it's obvious he wont be spending more on Max stuff............because that service is dead next year in the summer, So why would he put more money into it?
Also they are cutting scripted shows as a whole on the Warner side of things:

HBO Max will be no different.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
So....Zaz said fukk the kids and animation is out of there? So Young Justice, Primal shows like that are finished? :mjcry:
Thought I saw DC as its own entity under the studios section today. Surprised folks aren’t talking about that more. They could end up moving those animated properties under that umbrella.

Primal could end up naturally concluding after this season but I don’t see that show being the last from Genndy. He just signed a long-term deal under them.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
So....Zaz said fukk the kids and animation is out of there? So Young Justice, Primal shows like that are finished? :mjcry:
Young justice prolly done. I wonder what's up with that Batman cartoon though.

They could toss that Indian Velma show though. :hubie:

Primal adult swim though, so it's prolly good.