Rumor: HBO Max may be folding into Discovery+

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Their strategy makes total sense as it makes no financial sense whatever to do major releases via steaming when there’s no way right now to determine how much value if any it’s brining to streaming.

Disney had the right idea with the separate release and it’s only a matter of time before someone tries it again or hide more higher profile films behind tiers.
Not gonna lie, when Zaslav was talking at the start of the call. A lot of shyt he said made sense business wise. Why are you spending 100M on the straight to streaming movie? Why are you even making movies for streaming only when you have a movie theatre arm. You not Netflix :manny:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Still copying marvel. They'll still fail doing that. They gotta carve their own path their own way.
Zaslav: our objective is theatrical releases, if a peacemaker style spinoff happens, it will be only after a theatrical release happens and is successful.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
i'll let @daemonova do the honors of tagging the haters who lost today. :mjlol:
Discovery leaked some stuff, hoping that Shea butter twitter (among others) had they back.

Shea butter tL responded with "why would I steal this knee grows password if there ain't nothing to watch"

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Not gonna lie, when Zaslav was talking at the start of the call. A lot of shyt he said made sense business wise. Why are you spending 100M on the straight to streaming movie? Why are you even making movies for streaming only when you have a movie theatre arm. You not Netflix :manny:
It doesn’t even make sense for Netflix or Disney to do it as well, which is why I always thought it was insane that everyone was doing it. Theater budgets have been bloated for years and they had the bright idea of doing the same for streaming you’re essentially not bring any revenue in to justify the costs.

It’s no wonder that all of these services are in the red as it doesn’t take a high paid person to tell them that their plan is shyt.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Max is being killed, they just working on the frameworks of the new streaming service.
Max content is being gutted. Just because they didnt go over what shows are will and wont make it, doesnt mean they are safe. For example it seems w/e the had in the piple movie (exclusively)wise is done.
Zaslav seemed adamant today when it came to letting folks know how valuable HBO Max is as a brand. I had the impression that he doesn’t want to butcher it, but expand it. Surely he can backtrack those words within a year and it’ll be a mass hysteria again, but I guess we’ll find out soon.