Daps
FZWKAIaX0AUEqB6

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
It will have to be NBA though they're up in 2025. NFL is locked down till 2033

Honestly, I feel if Google just wants to swing their dikk around with YouTube this streaming shyt is there's for the taking cause YouTube's reach is just so much larger than anyone else
It would also be kinda funny after all this cord cutting shyt that eventually everything goes back to being "free" and ad supported like good old broadcast and cable TV
only reason I throw apple in there with Amazon because they both have that money to just wait it out because they don’t rely purely on content to make their money because of all the other shyt they both in . If Apple can land the NBA I think they can be a problem ..just off the fact of that everyone is already in their tech ecosystem.

Google is another good shout if they wanna get in because of the same reasons but they seem to be laser focused on Web 3.0 .

NBA in 2025,English Premier League in 27 (no way NBC/Peacock gonna be able to hold on to that)..shyt gonna be interesting with sports and streaming rights

A lot of these companies would be better off not trying to be the big streaming dog and just license their shyt out

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
only reason I throw apple in there with Amazon because they both have that money to just wait it out because they don’t rely purely on content to make their money because of all the other shyt they both in . If Apple can land the NBA I think they can be a problem ..just off the fact of that everyone is already in their tech ecosystem.

Google is another good shout if they wanna get in because of the same reasons but they seem to be laser focused on Web 3.0 .

NBA in 2025,English Premier League in 27 (no way NBC/Peacock gonna be able to hold on to that)..shyt gonna be interesting with sports and streaming rights

A lot of these companies would be better off not trying to be the big streaming dog and just license their shyt out
To further your point, Amazon already beat out other networks for the rights to stream thursday night games. I remember seeing it for prime or something.

fake edit: here it is

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Their strategy makes total sense as it makes no financial sense whatever to do major releases via steaming when there’s no way right now to determine how much value if any it’s brining to streaming.

Disney had the right idea with the separate release and it’s only a matter of time before someone tries it again or hide more higher profile films behind tiers.