Rumor: HBO Max may be folding into Discovery+

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Which is going to eventually result in the one thing that people were trying to run away from with cordcutting.
Exactly but the funny thing that happened is everybody was patient with shows and programming from networks back in the days. Remember we didn't get new shows until the fall of every year. Now this instant streaming binge model has turned everyone into "I can't find anything to watch" "I'm dumping Netflix after ___ is over with" "HBO is mid", etc. Everybody is a fiend and demanding over this shyt now. Granted there is alot of weak subpar stuff that gets made but this always the case even back in the days when it was only ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, HBO, AMC, Showtime, etc.

HBO is thinking we took our time and did it the right way during the cable tv era but this hyper aggressive content streaming era might bite us in the ass in the long run trying to keep up and crank out nonstop material that runs into billions of dollars in cost per year. And then half of it turning out to be mid too. Netflix, even with their 200 million plus subs, has to slow their row too. I get the Discovery guy's thinking although he can't bury the HBO brand under Discovery+. That would be idiotic

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For those saying hbo max doesn't have great originals so far, that may be true now but they're just getting started and given their track record and talent they are signing up it's easy to project several great original projects coming up. Spin offs like "The Penguind" and "Gotham City" seem very intriguing to me.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
For those saying hbo max doesn't have great originals so far, that may be true now but they're just getting started and given their track record and talent they are signing up it's easy to project several great original projects coming up. Spin offs like "The Penguind" and "Gotham City" seem very intriguing to me.
Station eleven and hacks are great

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What's going to happen with Issa Rae's productions now?
:lupe:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
The company is likely to provide additional details about its plans to bring together the HBO Max service's collection of dramas, comedies, movies with the reality programs of Discovery+. The pricing and the name for the new streaming service are still being debated internally, according to two sources familiar with the discussions. The name and the pricing are unlikely to be announced on Thursday.
Warner Bros Discovery also is considering free, ad-supported services that would exist alongside its subscription service, though no announcement is planned. One source said among the ideas being discussed is a service built on Warner Bros' library of classic movies, which currently attract little notice inside HBO Max.
Areas of overlap - such as the unscripted television unit behind such HBO Max reality shows as "FBoy Island" and "The Hype" - are likely to be eliminated, given Discovery's strength in the television genre, said the executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
In the future, big-budget movies will enjoy a traditional theatrical run before reaching the streaming service, said one person familiar with Zaslav's thinking, marking a big change from the previous regime.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
If they fukkin’ touch Carnivale and Rome…. :snoop:

Deadwood, Oz :lupe:

Apparently taking HBO shows off streaming is for tax purposes too, shyt crazy :francis:

Edit: Wonder what this would mean for shows like Martin....Wayans Bros......Jamie Foxxx show :lupe:
Vinyl had all that classic music in every episode. They probably still have to pay the license fees for that music if the show is streaming anywhere. If you take it away you don't have to pay:manny:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Vinyl had all that classic music in every episode. They probably still have to pay the license fees for that music if the show is streaming anywhere. If you take it away you don't have to pay:manny:
That's the reason Jeff goldblum Geena Davis Fly ain't on hbo max. But the 1951 movie and the effing sequel is. Sequel is a happier movie anyway, that first movie depressing af.

But I blame twentieth-century for that.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Deadwood, Oz :lupe:

Apparently taking HBO shows off streaming is for tax purposes too, shyt crazy :francis:

Edit: Wonder what this would mean for shows like Martin....Wayans Bros......Jamie Foxxx show :lupe:
so they're removing the old school hbo shows for what again? to put on the normal hbo app or they just want be available digitally anymore?