Rumor: HBO Max may be folding into Discovery+

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Wheel of Time is on Amazon Prime not Netflix.
Netflix still has over 200 million subscribers paying them $12/month. That's 2.4 billion a month. They not going anywhere.
I didn’t say it was on Netflix. I’m talking about a newer service dumping a lot money into an original project.

I’m not even going to pretend like we all haven’t seen Netflix is going through it now so I’m not sure why you are pretending like it’s not with those figures

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I didn’t say it was on Netflix. I’m talking about a newer service dumping a lot money into an original project.

I’m not even going to pretend like we all haven’t seen Netflix is going through it now so I’m not sure why you are pretending like it’s not with those figures
They have like 220 million subs and we have seen they have lost 3 million the last 2 years. It's a new development because they only gained subscribers up to that point. But in the grand scheme of things that's nothing.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
They have like 220 million subs and we have seen they have lost 3 million the last 2 years. It's a new development because they only gained subscribers up to that point. But in the grand scheme of things that's nothing.
A company scrambling to add ad supporters tiers after a decade of not in response to losing money and subscribers ain’t nothing.

Insert “this is fine” gif

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
A company scrambling to add ad supporters tiers after a decade of not in response to losing money and subscribers ain’t nothing.

Yep. Netflix isn’t about to be shut down but they definitely going through a reevaluation period.

Streaming is a money pit and unlike Apple & Amazon they don’t have anything else propping them up.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

HBOMax did that while it was supposedly growing. lol
It really is nothing, the corporation requires growth. Which is stupid because there are only so many people interested in streaming. I think they just hit the ceiling of everyone in the world who is willing to get Netflix. Apparently it is around 200 million people.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
HBOMax did that while it was supposedly growing. lol
It really is nothing, the corporation requires growth. Which is stupid because there are only so many people interested in streaming. I think they just hit the ceiling of everyone in the world who is willing to get Netflix. Apparently it is around 200 million people.
HBOmax always had ad tiers. Everyone except Netflix does. Nice try though.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
HBOmax always had ad tiers. Everyone except Netflix does. Nice try though.
Always huh?

Launches in May 2020

HBOMax with ads Launches a year later.

You should be more certain of your info when being snarky. That's what I do at least. lol

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I wouldn't be surprised if they looked at Disney, and how they have 3 subscription services, said screw it we'll just merge services. Some HBOmax shows will get the axe, but any good ones will just go over to HBO. And I don't disagree with the move. There's too many streaming services as it is. The reality of the whole streaming landscape is that they're all jockeying to be one of the last survivors. Also, as someone who is subscribed to Discovery+, and enjoys it, Zaslav is not against originals for the platform. Because there's a ton of shyt on there that makes you go, "They could just put this on HGTV instead of weekends of Love It or List It and Beachfront Bargain Hunt reruns:what:." So I think there will be some original content from HBO just for streaming, but they won't be greenlighting every single project. I can see stuff like documentaries being streaming originals, because those probably cost less than a scripted show. But for the most part, things will be going back to how they were before HBOmax, when the HBO app was for cable subscribers, and HBONow for non subscribers.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I dont watch Reality shows, game shows,,

The last show i watched was Swamp People and that was years yesrs ago