Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
200.gif

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
They’d be better off just scooping the creative teams and making content they 100% own. Paying fees to WB ain’t a smart move.
It's what apple TV does for Ted lasso

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
They’d be better off just scooping the creative teams and making content they 100% own. Paying fees to WB ain’t a smart move.

Nah content is king. You need steady flows of stuff constantly coming out. The fees are worth it for the smaller stuff that they cut. Like I saw that that Ellen kids show getting cut after 3 seasons, I'm gonna assume it was semi successful if its been on for 3 seasons, so go head drop some bread on it and have something you don't have to build from scratch.

This is terrible for them. Those other streamers already have a slew of writers, directors, actors, and producers in the wings ready to put out their latest show or movie. Plus hundreds of people with great ideals dying to get put on. There's no shortage of talented people in this field

And it'll be more "HBO" like ideas for those streamers. Which is a good thing according to all the folks round here who say Netflix and Prime put out nothing but mid all the time. The best of the best will get chose if they become available. It should equal to better shows being in the wings for the others.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
This shyt sounds like sabotage. What if it's some shyt to get Warner to sell the company for cheap? :patrice:

HBO getting rid of potential great shows after pretty much running shyt since the Sopranos. No one can be this stupid, right? :mindblown:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
This shyt sounds like sabotage. What if it's some shyt to get Warner to sell the company for cheap? :patrice:

HBO getting rid of potential great shows after pretty much running shyt since the Sopranos. No one can be this stupid, right? :mindblown:

What potential great shows has HBO max produced?

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL

AT&T sold Warner to Discovery because WB carried so much debt.

The Discovery people are in charge now and their immediate goal is to cut cost. The Discovery CEO made his reputation off of reality tv. Cheap to make but very profitable.

A lot of people don’t realize that scripted streaming series isn’t a very profitable business and companies lose so much money on it.

The only companies that are completely safe are Apple & Amazon because it’s such a small part of their overall business. Disney as well to a certain extent but not as much compared to the other two.

Not every company can sustain a streaming service so in the future I expect some to shut down and go back to licensing their content to other services.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I meant HBO in general. Are Max shows only on the streaming service? I don’t do cable nor streaming so I don’t know what’s what.

You don't do cable or streaming yet talking about potential great shows lost :dead:

Max shows are only on max. Max originals.
HBO shows are on HBO and HBOMax. So euphoria, succession, gemstones, industry, westworld (most of the great/potential great shows) are HBO originals and aren't being touched.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
You don't do cable or streaming yet talking about potential great shows lost :dead:

Max shows are only on max. Max originals.
HBO shows are on HBO and HBOMax. So euphoria, succession, gemstones, industry, westworld (most of the great/potential great shows) are HBO originals and aren't being touched.
It’s HBO and their records speaks for itself. Is it wrong to think one of those shows coulda been really dope? :what:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

The Discovery people are in charge now and their immediate goal is to cut cost. The Discovery CEO made his reputation off of reality tv. Cheap to make but very profitable.

A lot of people don’t realize that scripted streaming series isn’t a very profitable business and companies lose so much money on it.

The only companies that are completely safe are Apple & Amazon because it’s such a small part of their overall business. Disney as well to a certain extent but not as much compared to the other two.

Not every company can sustain a streaming service so in the future I expect some to shut down and go back to licensing their content to other services.
Which is going to eventually result in the one thing that people were trying to run away from with cordcutting.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

What people fail to realize, and I feel like even the subscription companies don't realize it, is that with subscription model based business you're gonna reach a hard cap on number of subscribers no matter what you add or cut or do.
Only thing in the universe that exponentially grows is the universe itself.
I feel like that's why the Netflix loss of subscribers was overblown. You're not gonna grow every qtr every year and its hard to maintain and its hard to fund.
The new business model went from basically having to worry about a 20 hrs a week during the part of the fall, part of the spring, and part of the summer to having to supply new content every week of the year internationally. shyt is expensive af and not really sustainable from a business perspective. HBO just getting ahead of the game, it seems stupid in the now but for a longterm outlook it makes sense. :manny:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
It’s HBO and their records speaks for itself. Is it wrong to think one of those shows coulda been really dope? :what:

And the really dope shows will move to HBO.
No need to spend a shyt ton of money on mid ass shows and movies for a platform that is being propped up by shows from HBO and an old catalog.
HBO level quality shows were always being sent to HBO. So you're forreal not missing out on anything.
I suggest you go look up the max originals and see what they looking like to you. And not just the comic book shyt that this board has an affinity for either