Rumor: HBO Max may be folding into Discovery+

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
That's fine... unless i'm missing something here... seems like HBO is still gonna be a big part of whatever the new streamer is called?

Also... Grace said the name "Discovery" not being used so lets say that's true... Apparently they have filed a trademark on "WarnerMax"

ImageAgentProxy

Maybe that gonna be the name? :jbhmm:
Seems like its going to go back to the HBO Now / Go days where you just get OG HBO programming not littered with stuff like Fresh Prince Reunion, Doom Patrol or Kimi which was a Max original starring Zoe Kravitz. Disco not going to greenlight anymore of that Max only scripted programming and are going to rely on the OG HBO decision makers to keep making prestige stuff and if its good enough for them, Disco will go with it (ie Winning Time, Succession). All the non-scripted stuff will just go under another tab that will not be linked to the HBO name like it is now.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Seems like its going to go back to the HBO Now / Go days where you just get OG HBO programming not littered with stuff like Fresh Prince Reunion, Doom Patrol or Kimi which was a Max original starring Zoe Kravitz. Disco not going to greenlight anymore of that Max only scripted programming and are going to rely on the OG HBO decision makers to keep making prestige stuff and if its good enough for them, Disco will go with it (ie Winning Time, Succession). All the non-scripted stuff will just go under another tab that will not be linked to the HBO name like it is now.

But they said all of it gonna be one streamer? i haven't seen anything about separate streamers.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
But they said all of it gonna be one streamer? i haven't seen anything about separate streamers.
its going to probably look like the D+ home page where you will have a HBO section, a DC section, TLC, Discovery, etc etc. where HBO will just be the OG HBO programming (stuff that actually appears on the cable channel). Harley Quinn and Peacemaker would move to the DC section.

disney_app_home_web_43abd7d6.jpeg

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
damn…guess I gotta finish up this last season of ‘gomorrah’ pretty quickly smh

actually nah I got time cuz they still gonna be showing ‘house of dragons’

I’ll probably cancel my subscription after that tho

Damn I have to finish up Gomorrah as well

I’m on season 2 or 3:francis:

Need to finish up my brilliant friend as well:francis:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
its going to probably look like the D+ home page where you will have a HBO section, a DC section, TLC, Discovery, etc etc. where HBO will just be the OG HBO programming (stuff that actually appears on the cable channel). Harley Quinn and Peacemaker would move to the DC section.

disney_app_home_web_43abd7d6.jpeg

That's not different than what HBO Max already is..

Eryd_JGXIAADwQE.jpg

calh45

Cal
Daps
How much is confirmed so far? If they make the wrong move they're getting the bushes just like Amazon and Netflix.

So far Crunchyroll and Paramount Plus (Champion League + local channels aka NFL on Sunday + Cruise movies + surprisingly Star Trek) are the only two spots making the right moves.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Lowkey this is huge for writers and directors. Those other streamers should swoop them up and buy the rights to any any semi successful shows that get the ax

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Lowkey this is huge for writers and directors. Those other streamers should swoop them up and buy the rights to any any semi successful shows that get the ax
They’d be better off just scooping the creative teams and making content they 100% own. Paying fees to WB ain’t a smart move.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Nonsense.. $15 is $15. HBO "on cable" is the same thing.. you get an HBO Max log in. The only reason it exists on cable is because some old people prefer that way.
But you're trying to figure out how many people got HBOMax once they jumped into the streaming game like I did. Did people jump onboard when the free summer blockbusters were being shown? For the old school mainstays like Sopranos, Wire, GOT? The added WB vault added? New countries added, etc. Has going the streaming route been profitable and added a new generation of fans and admirers? That's what they have to figure out. Not the boomers who have had HBO on cable for thirty years or more.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
This is terrible for them. Those other streamers already have a slew of writers, directors, actors, and producers in the wings ready to put out their latest show or movie. Plus hundreds of people with great ideals dying to get put on. There's no shortage of talented people in this field