Rumor: HBO Max may be folding into Discovery+

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
How can it be misleading when you have to pay $15 for HBO or HBO Max? Either way you are paying $15 and when you have regular HBO you also get an HBO Max log in...

Stop listening to @AnonymityX1000 he's on some super stan sh-t for whatever reason... someone probably mentioned Marvel in here. The numbers are the numbers... They have nearly 80 mil subs.
It is misleading because one is a cable network the other is a streaming service. The other streamers don't have cable subs to add to their total. Also, if a sizable majority of subs in the numbers they are reporting are of the cable variety the streamer is a waste of money.
And no one mentioned Marvel until you just did. We can disagree without that being a part of the equation. Jeez. lol

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Keeping it a buck the traditional way is just better for business imo. HBO and a lot of companies could make bank with no risks at all. Just bundle shows like they did prior to other companies. Sell the wire to Netflix for millions on a 5 year deal. sell the sopranos to Amazon. etc….

no risk at all.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Keeping it a buck the traditional way is just better for business imo. HBO and a lot of companies could make bank with no risks at all. Just bundle shows like they did prior to other companies. Sell the wire to Netflix for millions on a 5 year deal. sell the sopranos to Amazon. etc….

no risk at all.
Yeah, the cost of building the streamer seems not to be worth it. Also, there needs to be a bit less content not more.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
It is misleading because one is a cable network the other is a streaming service. The other streamers don't have cable subs to add to their total. Also, if a sizable majority of subs in the numbers they are reporting are of the cable variety the streamer is a waste of money.
And no one mentioned Marvel until you just did. We can disagree without that being a part of the equation. Jeez. lol
hbo On that Xbox shyt. Tell us how many people got max independently of HBO

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Seriously. HBO proper had its branding take 40 plus years of selective work to build.

Doom Patrol shouldn’t be on there even as much as I like it. The Max label made sense like a planet surrounding a sun.
HBO has and continues to air tons of non-prestige shows that Doom Patrol shyts on in terms of quality.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
HBO has and continues to air tons of non-prestige shows that Doom Patrol shyts on in terms of quality.
I didn’t say it was all prestige. Stuff like Righteous Gemstones is definitely an adult comedy in a way Doom Patrol isn’t. Not saying one is better than the other.

Doom Patrol is just something I think defys classification. Like I couldn’t imagine it on any of the pay cable channels like Showtime or Cinemax. I could see Gemstones being on Showtime.

That’s what made HBOmax so good

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Nonsense.. $15 is $15. HBO "on cable" is the same thing.. you get an HBO Max log in. The only reason it exists on cable is because some old people prefer that way.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Zazlav? More like :trash:zlav. :hhh:

He's also a massive Trump supporter too, which will sadly endear him to most of The Coli. :mjpls:

he MAGA:scust:

no wonder he's making all these trash decisions solely chasing after a quick buck

in the long run, building up a brand with high quality content is the move...that's why HBO is so respected to this day

Netflix didn't take off until they had House of Cards...a drama that showed they could hang with the other networks

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Nonsense.. $15 is $15. HBO "on cable" is the same thing.. you get an HBO Max log in. The only reason it exists on cable is because some old people prefer that way.
I bet a lot, maybe most people prefer the old way. Disco/Zazlav looked at those subs and realized alot of those HBO Max logins are not even being used. Folks like my parents who have had HBO for 30 years thru cable only watch it on cable and don't log into HBO Max.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I bet a lot, maybe most people prefer the old way. Disco/Zazlav looked at those subs and realized alot of those HBO Max logins are not even used. Folks like my parents who have had HBO for 30 years thru cable only watch it on cable and don't log into HBO Max.

That's fine... unless i'm missing something here... seems like HBO is still gonna be a big part of whatever the new streamer is called?

Also... Grace said the name "Discovery" not being used so lets say that's true... Apparently they have filed a trademark on "WarnerMax"

ImageAgentProxy

Maybe that gonna be the name? :jbhmm: