Rumor: HBO Max may be folding into Discovery+

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Just like all you see is mostly CNN or ESPN in airports its the same for the Discovery networks like TLC in Doctor's offices. I've seen whole seasons on "Love it or List It" or "Flip or Flop" while sitting in doctor's offices this past year:francis:
Whole seasons just by sitting in a doctor office, you ok?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Trim the fat. As a music composer, Discovery is all about cost-cutting and they've attempted numerous times to fukk music producers out of royalties....

So instead of having thousands of composers write custom pieces and pay them royalties....they have switched to stock library music to place into their shows and pay one blanket license vs royalties.

Check the credits, most of their incidental music says:
Pond5
Motion Elements
Audio Jungle

The biggest stock music libraries on the planet.

Results from this merger don't surprise me but streaming service presidents have really shot themselves in the foot collectively.

How long can this frentic production pace continue? New content costs money to create, recycled content hampers quality, and that doesn't retain audiences or bring in new subs. You need a demographic as big as traditional cable services that will be willing to pay extra to maintain financial viability.

Disney has got that on lock, cashing in on multi-generational nostalgia, all generations watching Star Wars, Disney classics, Marvel properties, along with all other 20th Cent Fox IP. They have ages 2 to 90 interested in their content, hard to gain subs with do with Naked And Afraid, 90 Day Fiance, Little People, and Dr. Pimple Popper as your lead off lol...
:ohhh:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
If they're doing tax write offs on some of this content you can kiss it goodbye forever-- no new episodes, no DVDs, no streaming.

Cartoon Network used to do that shyt a lot back in the day. It's the reason we never got more Megas XLR. :to:

Always wondered why we never got more Megas. Thought it was pretty popular back then wasn't it

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Honestly I dunno how people find content to watch nowadays. There’s just too much wack content out. However, I’ll trust someone’s opinion saying a HBO show is good over any other streaming service.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
There are journeymen directors who turn in the projects you need to get done.

Ron Howard hasn’t put out a good movie in over a decade but when Solo was floundering he took the job to finish your project and took the crap for it.

Hollywood is 100% transactional.

WB said with a straight face they still want to work with Leslie Grace and the directors as if this wasn’t a slap in the face. Just business.
Ron Howard latest, comes out on prime tomorrow

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
As someone pointed out, That Max sub number is misleading. That includes hbo cable subs. They apparently have hardly ever released Max numbers by itself.

How can it be misleading when you have to pay $15 for HBO or HBO Max? Either way you are paying $15 and when you have regular HBO you also get an HBO Max log in...

Stop listening to @AnonymityX1000 he's on some super stan sh-t for whatever reason... someone probably mentioned Marvel in here. The numbers are the numbers... They have nearly 80 mil subs.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
How can it be misleading when you have to pay $15 for HBO or HBO Max? Either way you are paying $15 and when you have regular HBO you also get an HBO Max log in...

Stop listening to @AnonymityX1000 he's on some super stan sh-t for whatever reason... someone probably mentioned Marvel in here. The numbers are the numbers... They have nearly 80 mil subs.
I can tell you unscientifically hbomax is the only streaming service the whites and the blacks at my job want

With they cheap ass...