Roxanne Roxanne|Roxanne Shante Biopic (starring Mahershala Ali, Nia Long ) (Discussion)

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
all the nikkas in this movie ain’t shyt apart from Nas
Y'all forget about that teacher who tried to bring her back on the right path and the dude who tried to keep her away from Cross initially. Sure he got arrested the same night but still lol.

Why did this dude just randomly try to rape her??? Then give her 10,000 later!?!?!?!?!
I look at that scene like this, dude tried to rape her cause he was high on coke then gave her all that money cause he was guilty about it and didn't mean to do it.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Y'all forget about that teacher who tried to bring her back on the right path and the dude who tried to keep her away from Cross initially. Sure he got arrested the same night but still lol.

I look at that scene like this, dude tried to rape her cause he was high on coke then gave her all that money cause he was guilty about it and didn't mean to do it.

R.I.P. Nelsan Ellis. :mjcry:

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Anybody watched it yet? What's the verdict?
Didn't like it at all.

Felt like I was watching a Amazon prime movie on Netflix. Expected way better , would prefer to see a saltnpeppa movie or blue raspberry from wu-tang biopic before i watch this shyt again.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I didn't think it was all that good. Nia Long played her part well and the lead actress I hope goes on to bigger and better things, but iono this movie was all over the place at times. Very little on The Juice Crew and there were parts of her career that should have made it into the film. Plus it ended way too abruptly.

The only highlights for me were the cameos of a lil Nas.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
would prefer to see a saltnpeppa movie or blue raspberry from wu-tang biopic before i watch this shyt again.

For what it’s worth it was worth the streaming pay via Netflix, even better if it’s not your Netflix acct. I felt the movie was better than a lot of the ‘other’ biopics we’ve gotten that no one asked for. Nobody cares to see the Mikki Howard Story, the Toni Braxton story, Bobbi Kristina’s story, the TERRIBLE Whitney Houston story... and these all had major hype behind it and where judged harshly based off what network got the push to air it. So was it too quality? Nah, but it was decent to me cause I was born in 88 so I didn’t come up with her music.

As far as who got next for the biopic train, you m most likely not going to be here for it. But everyone wants their story told like it’s a crowd for everyone that gives a fukk to hear about it beyond interviews. Gone are the days of everyone rushing to get a Behind the Music or an E! True Hollywood story since both vh1 & E! Network catering more to reality tv & shytty movies.