Roxanne Roxanne|Roxanne Shante Biopic (starring Mahershala Ali, Nia Long ) (Discussion)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Seems like the movie assumed you knew about the glamours side of Roxanne Shante's life, and the movie was there to show you the dark fukked up shyt that happened to her. Movie really wasn't about her music career at all.

I still enjoyed it for what it was.
It is pretty funny that a movie called "Roxanne Roxanne" managed to avoid actually playing the song "Roxanne Roxanne".

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems like the movie assumed you knew about the glamours side of Roxanne Shante's life, and the movie was there to show you the dark fukked up shyt that happened to her. Movie really wasn't about her music career at all.

I still enjoyed it for what it was.

I thought so too.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie was slow as hell and depressing. Somebody said my exact words it was a hip hop precious. :camby:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I had a feeling "Cross" died or was in jail

Who is he and who is his father?

Quaran Goodman from Da Youngstas. His pops is Lawrence Goodman (LG the Teacher). He's the one that gave Roxanne her first deal on Pop Art Records

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Terrible movie. Where in the fukk was UTFO, The Real Roxanne, BDP(the bridge is over), etc at:gucci:

Every black dude in this movie is either a thief, a wife beater, a deadbeat, or potential rapist. How is Roxanne Shante's mom gonna hand over $20K to ole boy when she could've bought a crib her damn self with that kind of money:why: Since that was old NY and was considered a shythole back then (at least to the people outside of NY:whoa:) I heard they had dirt cheap home buying programs as long as you fixed the place up and lived in it. She could've had a brownstone or some shyt with $20k. If she really had $20k:shaq2:

-Also Nia Long and Mashall- Ali should've played different characters. There was no need whatsoever for the mother and abusive boyfriend to hog up so much storyline. This film was a total waste of great source materiel.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Quaran Goodman from Da Youngstas. His pops is Lawrence Goodman (LG the Teacher). He's the one that gave Roxanne her first deal on Pop Art Records
Wow, thanks a lot man.

"The more you know"...

Didn't know he was a rapper as well.