Roxanne Roxanne|Roxanne Shante Biopic (starring Mahershala Ali, Nia Long ) (Discussion)

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I thought it was pretty good y'all nikkas always ask too much of these types of flicks :manny:

Nas cameo was dope, kid had Nas raspy voice :pachaha:

shyt was foul how her tour money was lost, that nikka definitely lied about that shyt :scust:

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Every black dude in this movie is either a thief, a wife beater, a deadbeat, or potential rapist.
She could've had a brownstone or some shyt with $20k. If she really had $20k:shaq2:

-Also Nia Long and Mashall- Ali should've played different characters. There was no need whatsoever for the mother and abusive boyfriend to hog up so much storyline. This film was a total waste of great source materiel.
Well, that's what it was back then and still is. It's the projects, it's the music industry, it's the streets. A lot of shady individuals and people facing demons in those settings.

Also, the mother and abusive boyfriend thing was a huge influence on her life :what:

Shante's body guard who threatened Cross seemed like a good dude, you also had her teacher. :manny:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Well, that's what it was back then and still is. It's the projects, it's the music industry, it's the streets. A lot of shady individuals and people facing demons in those settings.

Also, the mother and abusive boyfriend thing was a huge influence on her life :what:

Shante's body guard who threatened Cross seemed like a good dude, you also had her teacher. :manny:

Of course they're going to be in the film but it was way too much screen time for them. They weren't that vital to the story. The only thing that justified them on the screen that much was the fact that Nia Long and Ali were the most famous actors in the film.