Roxanne Roxanne|Roxanne Shante Biopic (starring Mahershala Ali, Nia Long ) (Discussion)

*Angel*

Frozen Flames Goddess
Daps
Reppin
Goddess power
These older brothers dont get their asses kicked enough fukking with these young girls.

thats the hood kid.
how you think alotta these girls end up alone with a child, kid with no pops?
these older nikkas that aint about shyt, dont do shyt be having these young girls gassed.
shyt happened to my older sister.
these girls dont know no better.

"young bytches with attitudes pushing baby strollers."
-Lil Fame

Yes I know. I saw it with me and my peers as teens. My friend even had a baby by a Cross nikka. I just think Chantes mamas response was tame while watching Cross put his arm around her child, only to end up beating on her and putting her in hospitals at 16/17 and withholding her child from her. Smh As single mom is only so much you can do especially when you have small children. I respected her homeboy who gave her the g's for wanting to confront him tho.

laughslikebig

Banned
Daps
i liked the movie for the hiphop historical aspects, but i agree with everything here.
And it was funny with the Nas stuff they should have had a moment when he said his name was Nasir where they all just stared into the camera. shyt was so on the nose and corny. :mjlol:

Don’t get me started on the dialogue.

“The elements of hip hop breaking, djing, graffiti and emceeing...”

*stares into camera* :mjgrin:

The Nas cameo was hilarious, I know he has a tight relationship with Netflix tho, so I figured it was a contractual obligation or some shyt.

Like I said in the post everyone negged me for lol,

We have to hold these filmmakers to a higher standard when telling OUR STORIES.

They not just gonna slap together any ol “Blondie” movie.

Last edited:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Didn’t understand why they focused so much on the relationship aspects - rather than the business side, performances, her project development, more interaction between the group, and the dynamics of the label, how ideas got implemented for her lyrics, style and sound , her inspiration, etc,

That Biz Markie beat boxing part and Nas seemed like an afterthought ..lines were literally like “hey, I’m Nas , I can rap, let me show u”
and “hey, I’m Biz, I can beat box, let me show you” ...

And Ok, we get it, enough already... ughhh..some men didn’t do right by her or her mother, mother was gullible then bitter, but damn.... did that need to be the main and ongoing theme of the whole the movie???!!(angry black mother, violent insensitive black men, absent father). I was hyped about it at first but towards the end, I was like ... that’s it??? For her to be such an influential woman in the game.

Last edited:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Not a single mention of BDP either. I don’t think the words Juice Crew were even mentioned. I would have preferred a movie about that beef instead. It was a cool flick tho, definitely an above average lifetime movie, which is just an average movie.

The kid who played Nas in this movie was supposed to play Nas in the BET movie they announced after the success of the New Edition one. Wonder if it’s still happening.
Blasphemy:damn::picard:

Is Biz Markie even in this :what:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
it was ok. I think they put too much of the 2000's into this story. For example, the way dude rhymed outside of the store waiting for Cottonmouth to pick up his kid was too advanced for that time. Another example was when Roxanne say "da fck?" We say that today but I don't remember that phrase before then. Good acting all around and her life was interesting. Love Nas parts but other then that it's nothing I would go back to