Rotimi says being wealthy in Africa is better than being rich in America. Says even the air is better than American air.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Basically take the American dollar to any 3rd world country with a highly inflated local currency and you can live like a king

White folks do the same shyt in Bali or Thailand
Right, and that in itself, comes with its own set of problems, like certain conveniences.

And also just because the people "look" more like you, doesn't mean you fit in and don't look like a mark or soft target.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Being rich or even middle class in Africa is >>>> u have access to everything u need plus everyone looks like u. :wow:
Insane levels of wealth disparity in sub-Saharan Africa tho. More than half earn less than 1USD / day. Our poor would be middle class there

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I’d personally feel like shyt knowing I’d be living lavish on that continent but doing nothing about how all the resources basically get pillaged and the extreme amounts of poverty there. I’d probably have a modest abode and spend most my time helping people
That was how I felt living there. And I’m far from wealthy but my spirit just didn’t feel right having a maid. I did have a driver, a cook and a gardener that I paid well above what other folks were

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Partially true, but that speaks to our poverty even though he doesn't know why that statement seems like it. If you have money, you are God status, but if you are poor, even Belzebul in the darkest pits of hell does not envy your fate. I've seen poverty that is indescribable. On the air thing, the air in rural areas can heal lung cancer.

But we need to stop making Africa seem like this excessively wonderful place because as Dennis Brown said, "There's a lot of work to be done, in the promised land."
Over 82 million Nigerians live on less than 1 dollars a day. Those are the REAL Nigerians. Fukk what anyone else has to say.

Meanwhile you have this gentry class of elites who escaped to European countries to avoid their responsibilities in some liberal fantasyland held up by legacies of slavery and racism only to and come back as exploitative landowners when shyt gets sticky.

These mfers are gonna learn one day. Fukk Rotimi he does not represent real Nigerians, only the elite.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Nah, this ain't it. I generally agree with most the stuff you say breh, but This a losing argument to an American.

Homie you can ask anybody on the earth who’s experienced having electricity if they’d rather have electricity available 24/7 or not, and I guarantee 100% would take electricity. Nothing “western” about that, it’s modern living. That’s like saying instead of having indoor plumbing people are cool with using the bathroom out in the bush.

This isn't even an "African thing"

I visited alot of small towns in America. There are alot of towns where they are not living like it is in the Big cities

- They live off Well water
- They don't have a traditional heating system from a Billion dollar utility system. Their heat and gas house runs on Propane tanks
- 24/7 internet and cable doesn't exist there. WIFI is almost non existent and only functioning on certain times of day

Media got ya'll to think it's everyone's dream to live the "modern" lifestyle. Alot want and prefer that peace and quiet and a simple lifestyle

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
samuel-jackson-whoisthis.gif

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
I visited alot of small towns in America. There are alot of towns where they are not living like it is in the Big cities

- They live off Well water
- They don't have a traditional heating system from a Billion dollar utility system. Their heat and gas house runs on Propane tanks
- 24/7 internet and cable doesn't exist there. WIFI is almost non existent and only functioning on certain times of day

Media got ya'll to think it's everyone's dream to live the "modern" lifestyle. Alot want and prefer that peace and quiet and a simple lifestyle
My grandparents property out in the country is exactly what you described. And the media doesn’t have me believing anything. An extremely small amount of people cool with rustic living doesn’t translate into millions of people being fine with no reliable electricity, etc.

Just common sense. Give the world a taste of modern living and I guarantee 99% of them will want to keep it, even if they’re out in rural areas.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
My grandparents property out in the country is exactly what you described. And the media doesn’t have me believing anything. An extremely small amount of people cool with rustic living doesn’t translate into millions of people being fine with no reliable electricity, etc.

Just common sense. Give the world a taste of modern living and I guarantee 99% of them will want to keep it, even if they’re out in rural areas.

Another media rhetoric breh :manny:

There's alot of small towns in America. ALOT