Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
4lSMiA6.png
qUVm0dk.png
Movie was really good overall and parts of it were fantastic.

Those last five or so minutes were just...insane :dwillhuh::dwillhuh::wow::wow::ahh::ohlawd: :mindblown:
2v3pwki.jpg

In terms of characters; Jyn, Bodhi & Chirrut :ehh: Krennic was a slight letdown though.
Nice i heard k-2 an cassian make a good duo. I heard the third act is some of the best material in all of SW. Ill have to wait till tommorow

Jards

All Star
Daps
Acting in this is trash with the exception of Forrest who killed it.

Matter fact the acting in FA was trash apart from Boyega and he was a c00n. They need to stop getting these no names to front the franchise and relying on the name alone to carry the movie.

Edit: even this robot is fukking trash :snoop:

Last edited:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Acting in this is trash with the exception of Forrest who killed it.

Matter fact the acting in FA was trash apart from Boyega and he was a c00n. They need to stop getting these no names to front the franchise and relying on the name alone to carry the movie.

Edit: even this robot is fukking trash :snoop:
So did you like the acting?:jbhmm:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yo breh, stop what the fukk you are doing right now. Cancel whatever plans you have. GO WATCH THIS MOVIE NOW :wow:

9/10 if you are a Star Wars fan. 7/10 (6.5 at the very least) if you don't care about the franchise. The first 30 minutes or so are good but kind iffy on some parts, after that it's just amazing, everything you would want from a SW movie imo.

And make sure you have Episode IV on deck because you will want to watch that shyt as soon as you get home from the cinema :ohlawd:

Spoilers

The only :ld: parts for me were at the beginning. Opening scene is really good but then it struggles a bit to find good reasons for the characters to move forward the plot, specially the meeting between Jyn and Saw Guerrera. Everything that happened between the trip to Jedha and the destruction of the city and Saw's home base felt way too convenient - like everything happened because "we have to move the plot along" - Bhodi getting his mind fukked up only to recover ASAP and by just getting asked a question made the whole "torture" scene with Saw useless. Jyn getting along with Chirrut was out of nowhere too. Same with Cassian trusting her just because. I think most reshoot were done during this act because we didn't even saw the "what will you become" line from Saw.

But honestly, that's just nitpicky stuff. Mendelsohn was fantastic as Krennic the whole movie. Dude was desperate to get recognition from the Emperor and couldn't get no love, kept getting sonned too :wow:

The final act was a damn masterpiece. I honestly can't do it justice by saying much about it, I was just in awe and in the edge of my seat :wow:

MOTHERfukkING TARKING :krs: :krs: that shyt legit made mark out. And it was more than just a cameo. His banter with Krennic was awesome. Now I want to read Catalyst :feedme:

Darth Vader dear lord. I was content with his little scene with Krennic...and then that shyt in the end happened. HOOOLY FUUUUCK :damn: so demonic, friends.

I loved how everything was set up so perfectly for Episode IV, and nothing felt forced. A couple of lines of dialogue here, a couple of cameos there, all within the context of Rogue One but making huge nods to what was about to come in the next movie. fukking perfect. The final shot had me :ohlawd: I need to watch A New Hope.

K2 was dope and funny as fukk :pachaha:

Also loved how Chirrut had to walk to push the master key. I thought they were setting up him channeling the Force and pushing the key from the distance but nah, breh was just a believer and marched his way through to make the whole mission possible. He was one with the Force, the Force was with him :to:

Baze quickly put himself up there as one of the GOAT friends :to:

:blessed:

Last edited:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Yo breh, stop what the fukk you are doing right now. Cancel whatever plans you have. GO WATCH THIS MOVIE NOW :wow:

9/10 if you are a Star Wars fan. 7/10 (6.5 at the very least) if you don't care about the franchise. The first 30 minutes or so are good but kind iffy on some parts, after that it's just amazing, everything you would want from a SW movie imo.

And make sure you have Episode IV on deck because you will want to watch that shyt as soon as you get home from the cinema ohlawd:

Spoilers

The only :ld: parts for me were at the beginning. Opening scene is really good but then it struggles a bit to find good reasons for the characters to move forward the plot, specially the meeting between Jyn and Saw Guerrera. Everything that happened between the trip to Jedha and the destruction of the city and Saw's home base felt way too convenient - like everything happened because "we have to move the plot along" - Bhodi getting his mind fukked up only to recover ASAP and by just getting asked a question made the whole "torture" scene with Saw useless. Jyn getting along with Chirrut was out of nowhere too. Same with Cassian trusting her just because. I think most reshoot were done during this act because we didn't even saw the "what will you become" line from Saw.

But honestly, that's just nitpicky stuff. Mendelsohn was fantastic as Krennic the whole movie. Dude was desperate to get recognition from the Emperor and couldn't get no love, kept getting sonned too :wow:

The final act was a damn masterpiece. I honestly can't do it justice by saying much about it, I was just in awe and in the edge of my seat :wow:

MOTHERfukkING TARKING :krs: :krs: that shyt legit made mark out. And it was more than just a cameo. His banter with Krennic was awesome. Now I want to read Catalyst :feedme:

Darth Vader dear lord. I was content with his little scene with Krennic...and that this shyt in the end happened. HOOOLY FUUUUCK :damn: so demonic, friends.

I loved how everything was set up so perfectly for Episode IV, and nothing felt forced. A couple of lines of dialogue here, a couple of cameos there, all withing the context of Rogue One but making huge nods to what was about to come in the next movie. fukking perfect. The final shot had me :ohlawd: I need to watch A New Hope.

K2 was dope and funny as fukk :pachaha:

Also loved how Chicrut had to walk to push the master key. I thought they were setting up him channeling the Force and pushing the key from the distance but nah, breh was just a believer and matched his way through to make the whole mission possible. He was one with the Force, the Force was with him :to:

Baze quickly put himself up there as one of the GOAT friends :to:

:blessed:
I still cannot get over that final Vader/Rebels scene. Just...wow.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I also have to point something truly irksome. They brought back the same actress from Revenge Of The Sith for Mon Mothma, but decided to use CGI for Governor Tarkin, except it is so painfully clear that his face was CGI animated that it constantly distracted. How they let that shyt pass post-production is a mystery to me but every time he appears it's like looking at a random Final Fantasy cutscene character pasted right into the frame and it was fukking disgusting to look at. I have no idea how they managed to make that look so absolutely fukking awful yet...

... delivered a fairly convincing young Leia at the end.

I felt the complete opposite

It was clear as day that Tarkin was CGI, but his face didn't bother me one bit. I still bought him as real character in the movie. What was fake as fukk were his movements, I was :wtf: at how they couldn't make him walk like a normal person.

Leia on the other hand was completely fake imo. Like straight out of the new Battlefront game. I still went :krs: at her cameo and final line, but her CGI felt way more blatant to me.