Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Some more here comes the white woman to save the day nonsense. I'll pass. They're gonna make their money regardless, but a side of me does get a very small kick out of Trump winning considering this flick was supposed to coincide with Hillary hype.

"diversity" these days just means replacing white male leads with white females :francis:

and it's transparent beyond belief almost

this is why Trump won, white women know they are the primary beneficiaries of white supremacy after white men.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
First two-thirds, not really. Final act, hell fukking yes.

It spends a bit too much time plotting the set pieces for the final act instead of just telling a fun story.

I didn't have a problem with the cgi though, my theater went nuts everytime that character showed up.

This is indeed what stops me from ranking it with the great ones. Ironically, it actually makes the OG Star Wars a better movie as it answers a pivotal question:

How the hell could the Death Star, a project 20+ years in the making, have such a inherent design flaw that nobody figured out

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It spends a bit too much time plotting the set pieces for the final act instead of just telling a fun story.

I didn't have a problem with the cgi though, my theater went nuts everytime that character showed up.

This is indeed what stops me from ranking it with the great ones. Ironically, it actually makes the OG Star Wars a better movie as it answers a pivotal question:

How the hell could the Death Star, a project 20+ years in the making, have such a inherent design flaw that nobody figured out

Yeah, I thought they added a lot of unnecessary clutter to set up the base plot. It would've been better if the movie started with a full team (Cassian, K2, Baze and Chirrut) who just made contact with the pilot and only had to find Jyn to move the plot into the third act. Taking so much time to collect all the players kept the plot from moving forward for a long time.

And it's kinda hilarious:

The movie really is nearly a two and a half hour excuse as to why the Death Star has such a huge flaw,. :deadmanny:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
And it's kinda hilarious:

The movie really is nearly a two and a half hour excuse as to why the Death Star has such a huge flaw,. :deadmanny:

Can't wait for the 2020 movie.

Cocaine's a Hell of a Drug: A Star Wars Story.

Explains why Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford look like they aged in dog years from Empire to Jedi.

CHL

Superstar
Daps

Don't tell me since I'm seeing it in two hours :ahh: but I'm guessing the character is Tarkin using footage of the OT actor :patrice:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
4lSMiA6.png
qUVm0dk.png
Movie was really good overall and parts of it were fantastic.

Those last five or so minutes were just...insane :dwillhuh::dwillhuh::wow::wow::ahh::ohlawd: :mindblown:
2v3pwki.jpg

In terms of characters; Jyn, Bodhi & Chirrut :ehh: Krennic was a slight letdown though.

Last edited:

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
The Force is with me and I am one with the Force.

Darth Vader :phewmayne:
black stormtroopers who can actually shoot :phewmayne:
Ip Man The MVP:phewmayne:
The two star destroyers getting bodied:phewmayne:
DARTH fukkING VADER
everyone dies tho:bishopeddiemayne:

Last edited: