Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This was AWESOME! Ranks in my top 3 SW films, which is frankly shocking to me because I went in with low expectations.

Much, much better film than TFA, and definitely all of the other prequels. JFC, the action, the war scenes, the way the movie built tension in spite of the fact we know how it would end.:lawd:

I'm fukking giddy, will post a proper review tomorrow when I calm the fukk down.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
this was a dope ass movie I really loved the way it connected to the original and connected the OT and the prequel series.

When Cassian clapped that spy in the beginning I was in :wow:

The scene where Jyn Erso received her Fathers message and it was intercut with the Death Star hitting Jeddah city and the dust came from the planet while he said my Stardust. :wow:

I liked all of the Rogue One members I wished we had a little bit more time with them but their deaths were so poignant. :wow:

And of course Vader
full

Such a great chapter to add to the Star Wars Mythos.
4lSMiA6.png

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Movie was fukkin flames. Best prequel ever made.

So many things to say I can't even express them. Absolutely delivered and maybe even exceeded my expectations. Not a perfect film the first act wasn't great but god damn I don't even give a fukk cause it reaches such spectacular highs and the the things that deliver REALLY deliver.

Somehow this movie that is a direct prequel to and borrows 90% of its imagery from ANH felt MORE FRESH and MORE EXCITING than force awakens... which now looks even worse in hindsight.

Although I think you need to be a SW fan to appreciate it, this was a GREAT movie!

Last edited:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Loved it but liked tfa better , the characters weren't as developed as I had hoped .It relies on the familiarity people with this type of movie and cast( i don't mean Star Wars I mean men on a mission movies )

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Darth Vader ignited his lightsaber. I literally had emotions of :gladbron::mjgrin::damn::whoa::wow:watching all of that unfold
when the lights dimmed and Vader was standing there I knew where they were going. I was in fukking awe.

Honestly we don't ever have to see vader again after that. It's been 30 years and it was fun to dip back in that nostalgia well one last time but I'm not sure anything will ever top that and boy what a high note for him to go out on.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw it in IMAX 3D.

Hell. fukking. Yes.

The scope is fukking RIDICULOUS.

If you have a Dolby Cinema local to you, I would recommend that over even IMAX for just a sheer great movie experience. Had never tried it before. Easily the clearest projection. When you see the crazy speaker array on the walls and cieling you know its something different. Even subwoofers in the ceiling and in every seat. Never heard such crisp dialog and either. Could feel Vader breathing. Definitely my new go to.