Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
I'm a huge star wars fan but I just wish these resources could have been allocated to another story.

I'm tired of the Death Star and all its different iterations. This story just seems so unnecessary. We already know what happens to the Death Star, The Rebels, and the Empire and also what happens to the organizations that form once they fall. All these events are too close together for me to care.

I would have much preferred a story that stands on its own set in the Star Wars Universe.

Maybe have a movie that takes place during the end of New Hope all the way through Return of the Jedi from the perspective of a young Imperial officer that somewhat sympathizes with the rebels and doesn't agree to all the things the Empire does. We could see how the Empire internally dealt with the destruction of the 1st Death Star, how the reacted to the idea of Luke Skywalker and the force, and basically the internal power struggle on the direction of the Empire which ultimately leads to its downfall.

Rogue one is nothing new. It's just a Rebel mission from the originals without Luke Skywalker. We've already seen the battle of Hoth, Endor, rebel space combat etc.

I want to see how the Empire works because we've always been led to believe that they were just a bunch of robots that took orders and had no personality but now as more content comes out we see that's not the case.

Anyway I'm still looking forward to more star wars.

The Vader Down comics focus on the empire after a New Hope.

Ezra

Daps
I want to see how the Empire works because we've always been led to believe that they were just a bunch of robots that took orders and had no personality but now as more content comes out we see that's not the case.

Anyway I'm still looking forward to more star wars.
Read Tarkin, Lords of the Sith and Lost Stars.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Atmosphere and action looks great but this Katnis-lite protagonist looks so boring and aloof.

Ezra

Daps
yup. I think they are going to do Dr Aphra.
A Dr Aphra comic series?

She was a cool character, but that doesn't do much me. Seems unnecessary. Gimme a series on bounty hunters or the hutt crime syndicate.

Ezra

Daps
if he's not he's not . but I can speculate at least with a theory that makes sense
No harm in that, but I don't think it makes much sense.

If it is him, it kills any juice the character has in Rebels. No matter what happens, you know he's going to make it until Rogue One. It takes any kind of leverage on his character out of the Rebels series. It's just bad story telling.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
No harm in that, but I don't think it makes much sense.

If it is him, it kills any juice the character has in Rebels. No matter what happens, you know he's going to make it until Rogue One. It takes any kind of leverage on his character out of the Rebels series. It's just bad story telling.

but to be fair .. I also heard season 3 was the last season of rebels and it ends just as Rogue One hits theaters...
but remember most of us adults don't know about rebels so if he is Kanan its a surprise that there still are jedi around.. remember we on the innernet on the coli .. the1% of the population that's us geeks love spoilers

Ezra

Daps
but to be fair .. I also heard season 3 was the last season of rebels and it ends just as Rogue One hits theaters...
but remember most of us adults don't know about rebels so if he is Kanan its a surprise that there still are jedi around.. remember we on the innernet on the coli .. the1% of the population that's us geeks love spoilers
I get all that, but the SW story group still cares about that stuff. Theyre not going to do something like that.

I know Im coming off kind of snobby about this, but just shed light on why/how something like that would never happen.

Ezra

Daps
I get all that, but the SW story group still cares about that stuff. Theyre not going to do something like that.

I know Im coming off kind of snobby about this, but just shed light on why/how something like that would never happen.
Just to expand on this - the Story Group does a really good job of working in the extended universe into things that adds to the story, but not at the expense of people that just watch the movies (which is 90% of star wars fans)

I think Forrest Whittaker's Character will be a good example of this. Saw Guerrera was a character in the Clone Wars Cartoon and now we're going to catch up with him 30 years or so later in the Star Wars Timeline. If you haven't seen the cartoon - it wont take anything away from Rogue One, but if you have it's a dope way to connect the properties.

I think it's pretty ingenious by LucasFilms Group.