Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
I'm mad behind on news from this. Where the reactions to the reshoots blown out of proportion?

I'm ready :ohlawd:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I'm mad behind on news from this. Where the reactions to the reshoots blown out of proportion?

I'm ready :ohlawd:

No they weren't there were problems during filming for sure. They brought on Tony Gilroy to rework the screenplay (It's had 4 writers). They probably micro - managed the director as well. This is the first "spin-off" theater release so it has to go good. It's not like "Han Solo" or eventually a "Yoda" film where the character sells the films themselves. This is why Vader is being pushed in the marketing. They know nobody knows who these characters are.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
No they weren't there were problems during filming for sure. They brought on Tony Gilroy to rework the screenplay (It's had 4 writers). They probably micro - managed the director as well. This is the first "spin-off" theater release so it has to go good. It's not like "Han Solo" or eventually a "Yoda" film where the character sells the films themselves. This is why Vader is being pushed in the marketing. They know nobody knows who these characters are.
Can't just let something be something :francis:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I'm thinking probably everyone on the Poster dies but the Girl survives half dead and gets the plans to the Rebels but dies anyway, lol. I think the emperial guy with the white cape fails Vader and that's why Vader has to show up. In "Return of the Jedi" they mentioned a lot of rebel spies died to get them "Death Star II" Plans. This is the only issue with prequel storytelling. We know the ending, they get the plans. It's just how and what happens.

Except there aren't any Bothans :lolbron:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Can't just let something be something :francis:

When you drop 150-200 Million budget on something you never leave it up to chance. This is a risky film, even Lucas never made it 100% "War" based film, only snippets in each episode. Jedi and Sith are the focal point of Star Wars and this basically has no Jedi. This is a "Business" and budgets matter. The last thing they want is a "Star Wars" movie grossing 150-200 Million. They want 300-400 type of numbers domestic and well over 1 Billion worldwide. If it has under 100 Million OW all hell will break loose. I don't expect "Episodes" numbers but it is still "Star Wars" and Vader is in it. "Episode VII" made 900 Million + Domestic, think about that.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
:demonic:

It is wrong of me to want Vader to kill all the rebel spies and there be one survivor left with the Plans? LOL. As a child the 80's this scene alone is enough for to cop a ticket. He better have a longer part than a 2 minute cameo. I want to see Vader go HAM. This joint looks very dark like "Empire" and "Sith".
i mean they did suffer great loses to get the info

Jack Skellington

yes indeed family
Daps
Reppin
Halloween Town
vader_zpshvszkyeb.gif

:merchant:

Vader in the cut thats a scary sight :demonic:

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

the skreets need this

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Tony Gilroy helped Edwards with Godzilla too, not like they got some random dude

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Tony Gilroy helped Edwards with Godzilla too, not like they got some random dude

Gilroy is an established writer in the industry for the last 25 years (Borne Series) and he's not that bad a director either (Michael Clayton). I think they wanted so more experience there, nothing against Edwards but they just wanted to make it a little tighter screenplay I assume.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Gilroy is an established writer in the industry for the last 25 years (Borne Series) and he's not that bad a director either (Michael Clayton). I think they wanted so more experience there, nothing against Edwards but they just wanted to make it a little tighter screenplay I assume.
shyt. I didn't know he directed Michael Clayton. Dope movie.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
shyt. I didn't know he directed Michael Clayton. Dope movie.

Yeah I remembering watching it at the time and was surprised he was the director too, I just thought he wrote it. That movie was off the chain. I think the "Reshoots" reports were overblown but there were issues with the story. I hate when Hollywood studios have so many writers on one movie. It's like everyone keeps building off everyones ideas instead of having one central story. I always get nervous when I see 4 writers on a movie. What normally happens is one writer comes up with everything and he's eventually fired and they bring in other writers to re-work his script. Tony was probably the last writer and the finisher of the screenplay.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Yeah I remembering watching it at the time and was surprised he was the director too, I just thought he wrote it. That movie was off the chain. I think the "Reshoots" reports were overblown but there were issues with the story. I hate when Hollywood studios have so many writers on one movie. It's like everyone keeps building off everyones ideas instead of having one central story. I always get nervous when I see 4 writers on a movie. What normally happens is one writer comes up with everything and he's eventually fired and they bring in other writers to re-work his script. Tony was probably the last writer and the finisher of the screenplay.
Yeah Christopher McQuarrie was the last person to do a pass on the script near the beginning of the year.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Something about knowing that whatever these dudes are planning doesn't work kinda turns me off of this movie....

But then knowing that Vader is likely the cause of their failure and seeing how they're all gonna die somewhat intrigues me :lupe: