Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Mads Mikkelsen (Galen appears to be his name in the film) is kind of the key to the film in a way. He is a scientist that took over the Geonosian Death Star project. He solved several of the flaws the Empire could not and is sort of a revered person in the Empire for his contributions. However, Mikkelsen’s character is a Robert Oppenheimer-type character. Oppenheimer helped design the atomic bomb only to say, “Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.” The guilt “Galen” feels for his contributions to the Empire become too much and he defects, attempting to make things right. In order to do this, he enlists the help of his only daughter….

Felicity Jones’ character has to undo the devastation her family has unleashed onto the galaxy. Early versions of this character had her as a bounty hunter type of mercenary. But with the familial connections it appears as if this idea might not interface with the final stuff for the character so I’m hesitant to say she’s a bounty hunter/mercenary type in the final iterations of the film. I believe she is probably a scientist-type herself in character of the mission to get the plans, aided by bounty hunters, in this final iteration. (But I could be wrong about that part.)

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story: A Father, a Daughter, and the Destroyer of Worlds! • Making Star Wars

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Mads Mikkelsen (Galen appears to be his name in the film) is kind of the key to the film in a way. He is a scientist that took over the Geonosian Death Star project. He solved several of the flaws the Empire could not and is sort of a revered person in the Empire for his contributions. However, Mikkelsen’s character is a Robert Oppenheimer-type character. Oppenheimer helped design the atomic bomb only to say, “Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.” The guilt “Galen” feels for his contributions to the Empire become too much and he defects, attempting to make things right. In order to do this, he enlists the help of his only daughter….

Felicity Jones’ character has to undo the devastation her family has unleashed onto the galaxy. Early versions of this character had her as a bounty hunter type of mercenary. But with the familial connections it appears as if this idea might not interface with the final stuff for the character so I’m hesitant to say she’s a bounty hunter/mercenary type in the final iterations of the film. I believe she is probably a scientist-type herself in character of the mission to get the plans, aided by bounty hunters, in this final iteration. (But I could be wrong about that part.)

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story: A Father, a Daughter, and the Destroyer of Worlds! • Making Star Wars

i really hope they don't reference geonosians.

why would an advanced technological weapon come from a primitive bug race. it's amazing that their planet was home to this big humungous droid factory and yet the rest of it is a desolate wasteland. they entertained themselves with wild beasts ffs.

I mean is that really what you wanna hear? That the DEATH STAR was created by bug people? :martin:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Is it just me or does the plot and point of this whole movie seem irrelevant. Now that we know the death star was built, destroyed, rebuilt, destroyed again, and then rebuilt 10 times bigger and still destroyed.

I mean like in WW2 movies we knew no matter all the bad things that happened it was worth it because we ultimately won.

But the empire has a damn near perfect track record of shytting on the Rebels every movie. In TFA The Resistance was still getting shyt on and the only reason they had a chance we because of Chewbacca and his explosives. They may have blown up StarKiller Base but the damage was already done.

These were supposed to be the plans that gave the rebels the upper hand but we know eventually they keep getting shyt on by the imps.
Just a way they can cash grab by bringing back Vader

CHL

Superstar
Daps
If it's between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, then that does make opportunity to encounter scattered jedi....guess it depends on how long after ROTS the movie takes place. But I'm thinking it it's about them trying to stop the Death Star construction it should be closer to the ROTS events
1 year before ANH

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
His story has been told already. Bringing him back for anything more than a quick cameo is retarded. this is why we dont get any new contenT from these jews, becausE you people are saTisfied with them recyclijg bullshyt
:what: nikkas want to see more vader there is a endless amount of stories you can tell with him wtf are you talking about.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: nikkas want to see more vader there is a endless amount of stories you can tell with him wtf are you talking about.

Oh im sure disney is capable of coming up with plenty of Trash filler storylines to bring Vader back.