Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Wow. Blatant cash grab garbage. Trailer was hot trash. Trailer trash. Low budget star wars films? :camby:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I won't lie i was turned off for a second at the female lead. I was like we just gave em force awakens. They had fury road and ex machina too :troll:

Is this a thing?:jbhmm:

hxdCpt2.gif
...MRA here I come

:mjcry:

:russ: Im probably overthinking it though and Ill like the movie once I see it...as long as its good.

Is it possible your just turned off by it being a white female lead? Whenever they do female leads they just switch it from white guy to white girl. A black, latina, or asian rebel would've been great for the "diversity" Disney/Lucas is looking for.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Is it possible your just turned off by it being a white female lead? Whenever they do female leads they just switch it from white guy to white girl. A black, latina, or asian rebel would've been great for the "diversity" Disney/Lucas is looking for.
Would have been cool to have diego luna as the lead :mjpls:

I just peeped the trailer again I'm definitely in though.

The slowed down piano theme was :noah:

I fall for the nostalgia piano every time

Reminds me of an article from a few weeks ago
http://kotaku.com/hollywood-is-a-greatest-hits-album-played-on-nostalgia-1766070051

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
@Joey Chizzle you seen this yet? :gladbron:
:fohmayne: young padewan for thinking I haven't seen this :ufdup:

my midichlorians sensed this shyt the moment the uploader hit that upload button :birdman:

Ip Man in Star Wars:phewmayne::cryingsalutemayne::phewmayne::cryingsalutemayne::phewmayne::cryingsalutemayne:

say no more, DAY 1

CHL

Superstar
Daps
:fohmayne: young padewan for thinking I haven't seen this :ufdup:

my midichlorians sensed this shyt the moment the uploader hit that upload button :birdman:

Ip Man in Star Wars:phewmayne::cryingsalutemayne::phewmayne::cryingsalutemayne::phewmayne::cryingsalutemayne:

say no more, DAY 1
I got this piff 18 seconds after it was uploaded :pacspit::troll:

Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen :wow:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm surprised by the mixed reaction. This looks like a darker movie tone wise to The Force Awakens and it's something a little different, I like the idea of spin offs that will hopefully flesh out the rest of the universe. I know the plot here won't exactly accomplish the fleshing out but it will explore some things we haven't seen yet.

Looks like some piff characters lined up and the female lead didn't remind me of Rey at all. She seems darker like she been through some shyt. Yeah, some terrible dialogue in there but I expect that from any SW flick. fukk it.

I think I might enjoy this more than the A New Hope remake which on second viewing was a letdown :ehh:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
This will definitely be awesome. These spin-offs will be a great way to flesh out characters that got no love in the OG trilogy, like Grand Moff Tarkin (I assume that's who Ben Mendolsohn was in the all-white..either that or a human Grand Admiral Thrawn).

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This right here. I don't see white female leads as "diversity". As long as I been watching tv shows and movies the leads have been white males or females.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This right here. I don't see white female leads as "diversity". As long as I been watching tv shows and movies the leads have been white males or females.

White females = hands down biggest beneficiaries of the civil rights movement and "diversity" in general.